1980 Malibu turn signal lever

Status
Not open for further replies.

malibu man

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 15, 2012
I picked up a tilt colum for my car,but it doesn't have the turn signal lever. I thought it would just unscrew form the old one(this is a 1980 model,so it only works the turn signal/high beams),but this is not the case!
Anybody know how to remove the arm?
I have the old colum apart,but still cant figure how to get it out!!

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
Its been awhile since I messed with mine but I think you just push in, turn it counter clock wise and pull outward. It was a b*tch coming out for me the first couple times.

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
It should have a screw into the turn signal switch holding it. As I recall, the push/turn levers were begun when the wiper switch moved to the column. The older ones are like the old style columns, but with a metal lever added under the screw to run the dimmer switch

col9.jpg

Bowiemontecarlo86

G-Body Guru
Dec 17, 2011
Tampa fl.
I thought the lever you just grab and pull out? That's the way it is on my 86 Monte . Maybe its totally deferent from 1980.

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
Bowiemontecarlo86 said:
I thought the lever you just grab and pull out? That's the way it is on my 86 Monte . Maybe its totally deferent from 1980.

Like I said right above :roll: , that's true for those with wiper switch on the column...which began around 1982

80ELCAMINOFLAKE

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 2, 2010
California So Cal
Ribbedroof said:
It should have a screw into the turn signal switch holding it. As I recall, the push/turn levers were begun when the wiper switch moved to the column. The older ones are like the old style columns, but with a metal lever added under the screw to run the dimmer switch

col9.jpg

That it correct the turn signal is connected with the screw...the turn/wipers came push and turn, and the tilt can be unscrewed

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor