MALIBU 1980 Malibu Wagon

Trader history for MadBrax (0)

M

MadBrax

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 5, 2018
This was our 2019 HRPT car that my wife and I purchased in August of 2018. It has a small block 400 bored to 406, TH350 trans, and a 2.73 rear gear in a 7.5" rear end. We purchased only for the power tour. Since we purchased it I have resealed the engine, rebuilt the carb, replaced the fuel pump, rebuilt the front suspension including new springs, re-geared the rear from 3.42 to 2.73, re-geared the driven/drive gears in the trans to match and correct the speedometer, replaced brake calipers and pads in the front and rebuilt/replaced rear drum brakes at the rear. Also replaced hard line on rear end, packed and resealed front wheel bearings, Installed all new modern A/C system, Installed new tires, installed electric door locks in the front doors along with a 2 way alarm and a kill switch. This was all to make the car dependable for daily use and to survive the power tour. We've put 7k miles on the car since we purchased it a year ago, prior to that is served only as a local cruise in car with the previous owner only clocking 500 miles over a 2 year ownership. The car has a solid body and frame with the only rust being at the right side rear window at the bottom, I just noticed this myself and expect the window channel is also cancerous. See pics. No other spots have been noticed. Successfully completed the 2019 long haul with no issues. Things needed that I would recommend include rear link arm bushings or arms, new filler panels at the corners, body mounts, and the replacement of the rest of the brake lines. I will eventually do these also if the car doesn't sell soon. Next years HRPT car is already in work, hoping to take a G-body Monte the year after (2021). We are currently in the process of purchasing a house and won't initially have space to store inside. Asking $12,500 and yes I know it's probably high but I'm not really sure where to start with it. This is negotiable. Car is located in Southaven, MS. You can reach me via a PM or text 662-2Threeone 4437 Text only please, I'm a shift worker. A total of 88 pics can be found at this imgur link: 80Malibu
IMG_20190602_172241CROPPED.jpg
IMG_20190602_172157CROPPED.jpg

M

MadBrax

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 5, 2018
Was just logging in to mark it as sold. It sold about 2 hours ago. Didn't know the link wasn't working. Maybe the imgur site is down, every time I checked after I created the folder it was working. It is possible that I screwed something up though, it was my first attempt at using a hosting site. Thanks for telling me.

Reactions: gbodysandiego
Longroof79

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Congrats on the sale. Someone got themselves a nice clean wagon, for sure.
Does the new owner know about this site?

M

MadBrax

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 5, 2018
He does now. I just texted him. We didn't cover that yesterday. I was overly concerned with trying to inform him on my knowledge on the mechanicals of the car inside of about 20 minutes and he seemed to be in a little bit if a hurry, maybe he thought I may change my mind.

Longroof79

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
He does now. I just texted him. We didn't cover that yesterday. I was overly concerned with trying to inform him on my knowledge on the mechanicals of the car inside of about 20 minutes and he seemed to be in a little bit if a hurry, maybe he thought I may change my mind.
We'll look forward to hearing from him and checking in to say "HI". Good luck!

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck ConsolesDixie Restoration DepotMike's MontesP-S-TSouthside Machine PerformanceUMI Performance

contact[email protected]for info on becoming a sponsor