MALIBU 1980 Malibu 500 Cadillac

Status
Not open for further replies.

500/600

Royal Smart Person
Nov 17, 2018
West Virginia
I take it your switching the parts from the regal to the malibu. Interested in whats happening to the regal - looking to build another race car.

Selling it
1548362065562.jpeg

Reactions: 2 users

500/600

Royal Smart Person
Nov 17, 2018
West Virginia

Still has the Florida dealership sticker on the trunk. I bought it from Minnesota where it was last licensed in 2005. One charcoal gray repaint long ago. Dent and dings and small places of surface rust. As I look there is a rust through spot smaller than a dime on the driver side door panel down near the front corner. That is the only rust hole on the entire car. Original owner took body off of the frame and painted the frame and under body. Landau roof . Power windows. It has two sets of door panels and rear window panels. Gray panels are in the car. Blue panels are in good shape. All metal trim is there. Blue seats, very nice rear, very nice front passenger bucket, and darn nice for it's age front driver bucket. Excellent dash pad. Tilt wheel. Center console which I believe is complete without shifter. No carpet. Floor pans are perfectly rust free, inside and out. Original wiring harness is not installed. He made a carbon fiber dash instrument insert and purchased all new Autometer gauges to install. New front suspension parts, rotors, calipers, although they are now 10+ years old, they have not been driven on. Has new urethane front bumper fillers and new fiberglass rear bumper fillers. Headlight bezels are included. No heater or AC box. Has the 7.5" 2.41 posi rear from the Malibu installed, driveshaft and rear sway bar included. Also has a $600 2" fiberglass cowl bolt on hood. All glass is good. No fuel tank but has an aluminum fuel cell in the trunk.

There are over $1000 in Autometer gauges that DO NOT go with the car. I would however sell them.

I'll sell outright For $1500 with no engine/transmission or push it into the corner of the barn and do something with it in the future. Has 15x8 'ugly to me' aluminum wheels with nearly new 215/60 and 235/60 tires. Clear Minnesota title. It would make an excellent race car or restoration. Super solid 1985 Regal.

Reactions: 1 user

500/600

Royal Smart Person
Nov 17, 2018
West Virginia
Finally off of the jack stands. Now to get the Caddy engine together

1548721868983.jpeg

Reactions: 11 users

mudpaws

Apprentice
Oct 26, 2010
Long Island, NY
Man, you're motivated! Keep it up, looks great. Here's my '80: I need some of your mojo to tackle the detail work and further part install mine needs! Plus a little warm weather would help right about now 😏

Attachments

• 20190107_162807.jpg
    20190107_162807.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 302

500/600

Royal Smart Person
Nov 17, 2018
West Virginia
Man, you're motivated! Keep it up, looks great. Here's my '80: I need some of your mojo to tackle the detail work and further part install mine needs! Plus a little warm weather would help right about now 😏
I need that hood!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor