1980 Monte Carlo headlight issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

John1980Monte

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 11, 2019
So now I noticed on my 1980 Monte Carlo I have a headlight issue. I have the four light setup. On the one setting both outter headlights come on. When I hit the dimmer switch both headlights on drivers side light up but on the passenger side only the inside headlight turns on. And for some reason the passenger side marker light is off, but when I go to signal left and right the turn signals work. Any help would greatly be appreciated. Thanks in advance guys

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
The most famous suggestion, check the grounds on the rad support. Then check to ensure the plugs have the right color wire in the correct plug cavity.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
on the passenger side the high beam is burnt out on the hi/lo beam

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

John1980Monte

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 11, 2019
I forgot to mention, I cleaned up the ground wires on the support, thought that would have solved it but it didn't. Ok thanks on suggestions guys. I will replace the bulb and update. Any suggestions on the marker light?

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
before you replace the light check with a test light to make sure the hi beam wire has power

John1980Monte

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 11, 2019
I know it's a silly question, I don't have the high beam indicator light on the dash. Do was wondering what lights in the front should be on while switching high to low beam? Thank you in advance

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
the two outside light are hi/lo, the inside lights are hi only. On low beam only the two outside lights are on

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor