1980 Pontiac LeMans Station Wagon - G-T-faux (stuck with it, and can't shake it... like a bad case of herpes)

Status
Not open for further replies.

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Not talking about HP- I'm talking about refill trips to the hot rod shop.

Oh, that... maybe I should have ordered two or three bottles?

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

Z48LT1

Greasemonkey
Oct 10, 2015
Space Coast, Florida
All seriousness aside, for us neophytes, how many quarter miles does a 10# bottle, say, last, putting a 150 HP shot into an average G-body wagon LS conversion built right?

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
All seriousness aside, for us neophytes, how many quarter miles does a 10# bottle, say, last, putting a 150 HP shot into an average G-body wagon LS conversion built right?

My research says with a bottle heater 9-10 passes on a 100 shot, and 5-6 passes on a 150 shot.

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Hah. Thanks. Is the purge at the starting line wasting gas at the same rate as when you're on a run?

I'd imagine it is close.

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
This thread is now going to be focused on getting the wagon Drag Week ready. I am fortunate enough to have done this before - and in much less time with a much less complete or proven vehicle.

Our main goals are: No trailer, no tire changes (at least rear), working AC, and run 11.49s all week (no cage will be installed - still a family car).

The major modifications/lines of effort are going to be (in no particular order):

- AC charged and working - because comfort
- Cruise control operating - because it is a long *ss drive from Ottawa to Virginia
- Build a receiver hitch and basket that holds (spare tires, tools, gear)
- 17x4.5 wheels and skinnies - because racecar
- Mount M&H 325/40R17s on the 17x11s to increase travel under load
- Fiberglass hood from VFN - because lightness
- Install new rear bumper fillers - because people are judgy little b*tches when things aren't 100%
- Reinstall the weight jacker system in the rear to account for the additional load
- Adjustable front and rear UCAs, and reinforcement bars from UMI to fine tune the suspension for the hit (ahem UMI Performance sponsor my *ss already)

I am sure there is more I am forgetting... but, that's a start.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Reactions: 2 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
I should be getting my bottle(s) filled today... locally no less.

Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor