1980 Pontiac LeMans Station Wagon - G-T-faux (stuck with it, and can't shake it... like a bad case of herpes)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Reactions: 1 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
You did better than I could.

Thanks, I was still figuring the car out - got some good smoke and traction out of the car later in the day. I've got a real lack of self-preservation when comes to racing - just drive through it.

Reactions: 4 users

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Cool video. Mike.
The car sounds awesome. Was that a Rambler American in the opposite lane?

Reactions: 1 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Started work on this:

View attachment 144029

Figure I should get this mocked up before I pull the bumper off to fit the fillers. Plus there is going to be some consideration/fabrication needed once I get in there. Lots of fore/aft and vertical adjustment.

The hitch mount comes of for other prospective attachments (parachute?).

Should test it on the Monte too.

Ironically I hadn't touched this project since I came down with a suspected case of the 'VID. Truthfully, I was avoiding anything that would irritate my throat et al. Feeling way better the last few days I ventured into the garage (Natasha actually ordered me out there) to chip away at this some more.

IMG_20200510_152716.jpg

Still need to brace it to the bumper. But, it shouldn't fall off for now.

Reactions: 11 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Guess I am going to need a replacement, eh?

IMG_20200829_214410.jpg

Lessons learned: don't lose your keys and always make spares for when you do.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 7 users

Longroof79

G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Mike,
They sell a replacement tailgate lock for an early series S-10 Blazer that will work on our cars, if you don't mind it being black. I remember Advance Auto sold them at one time. ...and perhaps even Auto Zone.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users

Longroof79

G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Mike,
They sell a replacement tailgate lock for an early series S-10 Blazer that will work on our cars, if you don't mind it being black. I remember Advance Auto sold them at one time. ...and perhaps even Auto Zone.

Thanks for weighing in, that is what my research showed too (and had it in my Amazon cart). I am picking up the one from O. D. Showtime since I prefer the chrome on the yellow paint.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor