1980 Pontiac LeMans Station Wagon - G-T-faux (stuck with it, and can't shake it... like a bad case of herpes)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Thanks for weighing in, that is what my research showed too (and had it in my Amazon cart). I am picking up the one from O. D. Showtime since I prefer the chrome on the yellow paint.
I just wanted to inform you that there was another alternative in case you weren't aware. Over the years I think I've replaced maybe one, but I do keep a spare. I could go either black or chrome on my car, the fact that I blacked out most of my trim and left a little chrome showing...grille, headlamp doors, mirrors, and tailgate lock.

Reactions: 4 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
I just wanted to inform you that there was another alternative in case you weren't aware. Over the years I think I've replaced maybe one, but I do keep a spare. I could go either black or chrome on my car, the fact that I blacked out most of my trim and left a little chrome showing...grille, headlamp doors, mirrors, and tailgate lock.

I appreciate it. :)

New door locks, replacement tailgate lock, and new hatch struts are on their way.

Reactions: 6 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Pulled the wagon out today to exercise it. Tatiana asked to come along - who am I to deny her that luxury? So we went out for an hour long cruise and talk.

After having had done a quick blast she pipes up: Daddy, why do you do that?
Do what?
I respond.
Go fast and make lots of noise. She says.
Why not? Its fun. Do you not like it? I asked.
She states: Oh no - I like it... you just smirk when you do it.

IMG_20200830_145514.jpg

The next winner was a discussion about when I am "too old" to drive the cars that she wants them all so she can drive them. Man, it is awesome when they really start to buy into the hobby.

In other news Goo Gone destroys Plastidip.

• Winner
Reactions: 14 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
The reason I needed to get into the back was to regain access to the bottle. Raised the shift RPM, lowered the TCC engagement speed, and subtracted a tickle of timing.

1598920169595.png

Hope to give it the beans in a few weeks. Shiiiit maybe even next Monday. ;)

Reactions: 7 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
  • Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor