1980 Pontiac LeMans Station Wagon - G-T-faux (stuck with it, and can't shake it... like a bad case of herpes)

Status
Not open for further replies.

carnutjw

G-Body Guru
Sep 17, 2017
Cleaning off a thermostat housing gasket last week with a razor blade, I plunged the corner of the blade about 1/4"(6mm for the Frenchies) into the meaty part of my thumb- no bandages handy and on a deadline so- a kleenex and blue painter's tape to the rescue. finished what I was doing, then went and did a proper bandage, two hours later.

• Winner
Reactions: 2 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Cleaning off a thermostat housing gasket last week with a razor blade, I plunged the corner of the blade about 1/4"(6mm for the Frenchies) into the meaty part of my thumb- no bandages handy and on a deadline so- a kleenex and blue painter's tape to the rescue. finished what I was doing, then went and did a proper bandage, two hours later.

Men doing man things manly.

Natasha almost had kittens when she saw the gash... then said something about stitches and started rubbing my back while I was swapping the battery to which I said: Please stop you are distracting me. I must have looked like this:

Lord Of The Rings Bridezilla GIF by HBO Max

She really is awesome. And I still have a trickle of bloody running down my head - I should have rubbed dirt on it rather than Polysporin - my mistake

Northernregal

Sloppy McRodbender
Oct 24, 2017
Red Deer, Northern Montana territory
Men doing man things manly.

Natasha almost had kittens when she saw the gash... then said something about stitches and started rubbing my back while I was swapping the battery to which I said: Please stop you are distracting me. I must have looked like this:

Lord Of The Rings Bridezilla GIF by HBO Max

She really is awesome. And I still have a trickle of bloody running down my head - I should have rubbed dirt on it rather than Polysporin - my mistake

Two strips of electric tape and a paper towel... "Shop First Aid"

• Agree
Reactions: 4 users

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Sooo.... another night, and another round of little league. Tatiana and I jump in the wagon and head out... about half way to the diamond I look at the volt meter and see it is showing sub-12V.

Meanwhile in my head: Well that can't be right. is that right? The gauge is wrong. Is the gauge wrong? You paid a lot of money for that gauge to be accurate. Am I wrong? I am wrong. This is going all wrong. Is the alternator dead? The alternator is dead.

We got to the diamond with Natasha following shortly in her Z28. The wagon starts to sputter and die. I explain the problem, suggest getting a tow truck, and get told to go (15 mins) home to get another battery. LOL - I think she just like's seeing me suffer. So off the Z28 and I went. I get home, gather some tools, pop the trunk of the Monte, apologize to it, and proceed to harvest it for parts. In my hurry to get back so I can fix the car and enjoy watching my kid play ball I managed to put my head into the now very low corner of the Monte's truck lid ripping a 2" zigzag gash into my scalp. Stunned for a moment by the impact, I collected myself and continued to work... only wonder why I was sweating... I wipe my brow... and it looks like the scene from the Shining. Blood is gushing everywhere.

Shining Stephen King GIF

I grab a blue shop towel and blot my head, it gets soaked, grab another and keep it pressed to my head with my left hand while I finish removing the battery. Battery is out, tools are collected, and I run in the house to get cleaned up. I go into the bathroom, look in the mirror and am greeted by one of my heros:

View attachment 182417

Grabbed some gauze, held it to the gash, put a hat on top of it, and walked out the door to go salvage my evening. I probably have a concussion.

maniacal tobe hooper GIF

Also, Amazon is delivering me a new AC Delco alternator on Friday to fix this heap (I love this car).
Honey, next time just let me call the hook.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Two strips of electric tape and a paper towel... "Shop First Aid"
A paper towel and blue tape makes a decent bandage in a pinch. Wrapping bandaids on your knukles with blue tape helps keep them on too.

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
  • Agree
  • Haha

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
A paper towel and blue tape makes a decent bandage in a pinch. Wrapping bandaids on your knukles with blue tape helps keep them on too.

Large ID shrink tube works permanent-like.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
F**k you cut.

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
  • Haha
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor