1980 Pontiac LeMans Station Wagon - G-T-faux (stuck with it, and can't shake it... like a bad case of herpes)

Status
Not open for further replies.

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Mike if you do end up selling the 8.5 out of the wagon please let me know. There is a 64 C10 I was told to drag off my Boss's farm sometime out that way. Me and the wife are always down for road trips for car parts/projects.

8.5" is in the Monte... but, you'll know if and when.

Reactions: 1 user

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
Wagon is sweet but I get the desire to move on. The parts on it are worth more to you than the money you'd get out and you have a home.

Tough to justify a family hot rod when the TBSS and hellkitty are both pretty friendly.

If lean roller. Not sure up north but $10k seems a bit rich (but I don't know how nice the car is really), I got $3500 for my century roller and was happy, but I didn't try milking every dollar out and the sale was really fast and hassle free.

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Wagon is sweet but I get the desire to move on. The parts on it are worth more to you than the money you'd get out and you have a home.

Tough to justify a family hot rod when the TBSS and hellkitty are both pretty friendly.

If lean roller. Not sure up north but $10k seems a bit rich (but I don't know how nice the car is really), I got $3500 for my century roller and was happy, but I didn't try milking every dollar out and the sale was really fast and hassle free.

$3500 US is about $4500 CDN for those watching at home.

You guys have 10 times the population and 100 times less salt. The pickings are slim up here which is why I had to import this one as an incomplete roller from Kansas. I have about $5000 wrapped up in import and transport charges alone.

I spent a pretty penny piecing together the odds and ends to make it more complete, plus a lot of spares are included. And then, assuming it's of any importance to the prospective buyer there is all of the work done to mini-tub it etc.

Anyway, it's a long winter... and the Monte needs bodywork first. LOL.

Reactions: 2 users

Local Hero

G-Body Guru
Nov 24, 2016
Northcoast, Cleveland, Ohio
Wow! After Turna was sent packing with his Malibu, your Wagon became my favorite car here. (It was always a super close second anyway. 😁) But, I understand your situation and I'm much in the same boat, way too many cars (8) for how much I actually drive. This past summer was the first year in about 10 that I had everything licensed, insured and ready to go at any time. One of them only went out twice and another about five times.

Good luck with however you end up moving forward.

scoti

Royal Smart Person
Sep 5, 2019
Texas
$3500 US is about $4500 CDN for those watching at home.

You guys have 10 times the population and 100 times less salt. The pickings are slim up here which is why I had to import this one as an incomplete roller from Kansas. I have about $5000 wrapped up in import and transport charges alone.

I spent a pretty penny piecing together the odds and ends to make it more complete, plus a lot of spares are included. And then, assuming it's of any importance to the prospective buyer there is all of the work done to mini-tub it etc.

Anyway, it's a long winter... and the Monte needs bodywork first. LOL.
And..... How long ago was that? A $3500/4500 buy-in 10yrs ago doesn't buy the same exact car today.

I don't think the 10k roller is out of bounds. A clean example in a place where they are limited? Worth more. The exterior is in good shape & extra parts (hard to find parts even better) included? Worth more. Room for extra tire girth & suspension upgrades? Worth more.

Lack of a drivetrain will work against you for a probable majority of buyers. If it comes down to that, you can always be on the lookout for a take-out LS/4l60 to possibly use as a build-to-suit sale.

Reactions: 3 users

PBGBodyFan

G-Body Guru
Mar 3, 2009
Wisconsin
Bummer to hear you will either sell or dismember it but I'm sure it will go to a loving home. Being relatively new to wagons the market for them is definitely different than for the coupes. Enough people (ok, all guys) like them but way less than guys looking for a Monte, Malibu or Regal and many less to pick from especially clean or well built, the rough hacked up wagons pop up here and there.

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Skip option 2, that will be more of a pita than what it will be worth imo. Do you really want the LS1? Personally, I'd be happy to see that money pit disappear.

And don't give John Q Public too much credit, there is an excellent chance of finding someone to cough up $30+k for this - cars are going for stupid money, at least around here. The LS1 will be a fabulous selling point to one of those types.

It would b see nice to see it go to someone that would run it.

Northernregal

Sloppy McRodbender
Oct 24, 2017
Red Deer, Northern Montana territory
And..... How long ago was that? A $3500/4500 buy-in 10yrs ago doesn't buy the same exact car today.

I don't think the 10k roller is out of bounds. A clean example in a place where they are limited? Worth more. The exterior is in good shape & extra parts (hard to find parts even better) included? Worth more. Room for extra tire girth & suspension upgrades? Worth more.

Lack of a drivetrain will work against you for a probable majority of buyers. If it comes down to that, you can always be on the lookout for a take-out LS/4l60 to possibly use as a build-to-suit sale.

Skip option 2, that will be more of a pita than what it will be worth imo. Do you really want the LS1? Personally, I'd be happy to see that money pit disappear.

And don't give John Q Public too much credit, there is an excellent chance of finding someone to cough up $30+k for this - cars are going for stupid money, at least around here. The LS1 will be a fabulous selling point to one of those types.

It would b see nice to see it go to someone that would run it.
Ya'll need to chill. A brother is trying to make a deal here.... damn....

Just Relax Chill Out GIF

• Haha
  • Optimistic
Reactions: 3 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor