1980 Pontiac LeMans Station Wagon - G-T-faux (stuck with it, and can't shake it... like a bad case of herpes)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Besides, is there a difference in usable power?

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Wagon is lighter than Challenger.

If I could confidently drive the wagon out of the garage to some weigh scales - I'd argue not by much. The way I spec'd the prospective Hellcat makes it as light as possible (for a widebody) and that should put it around 4400lbs.

That said, I was actually speaking to the idea of using an LSX 454 vs a Procharged 5.3L. Each as built - the boosted 5.3L has a much higher performance ceiling than the N/A 454. Now a Procharged LSX 454 is a horse of a different colour.

Truthfully, putting $16,000 CDN into an engine is counter intuitive when that is just shy of 20% of the purchase price of the Hellcat (taxes in). The boosted 5.3L is a zero sum endeavor until I get the itch to do something else. Moar bigger.

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Why not slap some bearings and the Procharger on the 6.0 in the wagon?

I guess the one underlying issue that hasn't really been discussed is: time.

Time needed to constantly do fleet management. Servicing a high mileage SUV, a now hurt and was almost "finished" project car, and a half-done project just doesn't align with the near and long term demands on my time between family and work. Things are going to get hectic in September.

A new toy eliminates the old new toy problems (and the TBSS is wearing out). The wagon is lost for the summer, and the Monte is going on the back burner. I can work on them as time and interest allows... but, demodding the TBSS for sale is the priority right now.

If going to the garage to grab a toy means I only get to drive the HC, so be it. It'll do daily, drag, and auto-x duty just fine.

Reactions: 1 user

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Turbolq4

Royal Smart Person
Sep 25, 2017
Nampa Idaho
4400lbs is alot of beef. My Malibu is a full power, full interior barge and it's 3600. Wagons can't be that much more weight. I should build a lighter car🤔

Reactions: 1 user

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
"Wide body." It's a nice way of saying fat.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

Turbolq4

Royal Smart Person
Sep 25, 2017
Nampa Idaho
I can still see the appeal of Charger/Challenger. The Mustang and Camaro are straight sports cars now. Zero usable rear seat space and generally tight quarters. Personally I would run a Vette before a Camaro. I like the looks of the Stang but a true GT car they are not anymore. Challenger can actually fit 4 people and enough luggage to leave town with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor