1980 Pontiac LeMans Station Wagon - G-T-faux (stuck with it, and can't shake it... like a bad case of herpes)

Status
Not open for further replies.

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
oranGekrate said:
Love what your doing with your wagon.

Thanks! It has definitely snowballed from the original plan...

Had to do some digging to see that I am not the only odd-duck LeMans wagon guy here (and that is saying something for wagon owners...).

oranGekrate

Greasemonkey
Oct 25, 2012
Fredericksburg, VA
Yeah they rarely remain as we buy them. Always room
for improvement. Some just don't know when to stop lol.
Odd duck? Pretty much sums up my way of thinking when it concerns my projects. I mean seriously, instead of a 70 torino, I have a 70 Montego. Talk about odd duck, it's near impossible to find sheet metal for than orphaned stepchild. Having a pontiac wagon just goes with the grain of my against the grain outlook.

Sent from Tapatalk using a flame thrower

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
It's good to be different. The world would be a boring place if everyone had the same cookie cutter vehicles.

• Winner
Reactions: 1 user

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Longroof79 said:
It's good to be different. The world would be a boring place if everyone had the same cookie cutter vehicles.

I couldn't agree more.

• Agree

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
We're certainly a different breed for our love of wagons. Many people don't share our passion...but as the old adage goes, "To each his own". :D

• Agree

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
Amen!:p

Kansas Bu Wagon

G-Body Guru
Jul 9, 2012
Wichita, Ks
Yeah us wagon owners are on our own. When people see my car they either love wagons or think I'm a weirdo for owning one. Not once have I met a person "on the fence" about liking wagons.

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Well I should have more to report, and actually have been making some steady progress on things like: re-installing the interior (big whoop), pulling the dash to repair cracks and recover, cleaning out the HVAC system (so very dirty - thanks to the State of Kansas), mocking up the Speed Hut gauges, pulling the steering column to install a cruise control/delay wiper column (wiring pending), and modifying the heater/A/C box for the coil pack clearance...

Oh and this new beater/parts car (350 SBC/TH350 combo w/a Flowmaster)... it'll get some wheels and maybe a 4 barrel carb swap. Have to make sure not to turn it into a project car - Natasha will have my head.

Seriously though we need it for the streamlined fascia (my personal preference), inner fenders and fender liners (the ones in the wagon are all cut up and broken), and some other odds and sods.

Attachments

• 81Lemans.JPG
    81Lemans.JPG
    82.2 KB · Views: 519
  • 81Lemansb.JPG
    81Lemansb.JPG
    82.6 KB · Views: 551

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
Wow. That's not a beater from the photos. The paint is still glossy! I'd replace the parts you take off with spare Malibu parts and drive it for years!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor