1980 Pontiac LeMans Station Wagon - G-T-faux (stuck with it, and can't shake it... like a bad case of herpes)

Status
Not open for further replies.

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
ssn696 said:
Wow. That's not a beater from the photos. The paint is still glossy! I'd fix it and drive it for years!

It is pretty solid (but, was repainted)... the car is being delivered to my Mom's house (8 hours away from me) tomorrow, I am buying it sight unseen - so hopefully I won't get burned. The pictures tell a fair story about the car as it was oiled (undercoated) annually and should be physically sound but as I said I just want it for parts. We will be using it through the Spring, Summer and Fall as a runabout; especially because of the washboard dirt road our daughter's day car is down which is beating the sh*t out of our TrailBlazer SS (and can't keep it clean to save my life).

For those not aware, this will be the 7th car in our fleet (5 are G-bodies)...

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
Earlier posts in this thread speak of odd ducks. Try this crackhead scheme out for size: how about a Banks turbo'd 6.2 diesel and 5-speed manual? This car could get 30 mpg!

• Creative
Reactions: 1 user

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
ssn696 said:
Earlier posts in this thread speak of odd ducks. Try this crackhead scheme out for size: how about a Banks turbo'd 6.2 diesel and 5-speed manual? This car could get 30 mpg!

I was thinking of doing this:

[youtube]CJQExI3RBjc[/youtube]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJQExI3RBjc

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
I agree with these guys, the car looks too nice to be a parts car...at least in the pics it appears that way. I'd use it as a daily driver/ cruiser...but that's opinion. ..and you know what they say about opinions... :lol:

Hope it turns out to be as nice as it shows in the pics.

• Agree

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
I was really close to putting this back into service as my daily beater...

Attachments

• spring2014.jpg
    spring2014.jpg
    224.7 KB · Views: 704

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
oranGekrate said:
motorheadmike said:
I was really close to putting this back into service as my daily beater...

Ah, saved by the 4dr...I'd cringe if I got caught in the rain driving this as a daily. All other times would have a big grin. :mrgreen:

I DD'd this thing for years - but then I ruined it when I had it painted.

It isn't so bad in the rain... standing water at 100kph is an issue.

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Okay I got the floating couch of death home yesterday and currently have it torn apart for a variety of reasons:
1. I am an idiot;
2. My wife allows me to be an idiot (I think it secretly amuses her);
3. It scared the sh*t out of me on the drive home when the slightest twitch of the steering wheel at speed would introduce an unintended lane change; and
4. Vibrates horribly over 90km/h.

The current plan includes adding a set of KYB shocks (because the ones it came with are blown), a larger (28mm) front sway bar and new endlinks, an actual rear sway bar, rebushed rear control arms, MCSS steering box, 3.73 posi diff - because proper burnouts, a Performer intake and a 650 double pumper (because the stock intake/carb set up is pretty gutless), 14" open element K&N filter, BeCool rad and electric fans, and either a set of Weld Rod Lites or staggered 17"/18" C5 Corvette Y2K (and really wide adapters) "wagon wheels"; and, tint.

Humourously (unless you ask Natasha) I have most of this sitting on the shelf (or will cannibalize the other cars).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor