1980 Pontiac LeMans Station Wagon - G-T-faux (stuck with it, and can't shake it... like a bad case of herpes)

Status
Not open for further replies.

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
What kinda wheels are they?

Ronal R15 aka the same wheels that came on the early 90s Pontiac Firehawk. Because this is a Poncho inspired build after all.

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
What are the adapters for?​

Fitting the NPT sending units to the metric block. Those adapters cost about $12 new.

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Ah I miss read . Thought they were wheel adapters​

Oh yeah, those too - LOL! I was just using those for test fitting purposes. Depending on how much the tires bulge on the rims (some is expected/wanted) I may have to run a spacer/adapter to make it all work. I will be rolling the fender lips soon (rubbing is okay, cutting is bad).

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
If you couldn't tell in the pics the garage was turning into a pig-sty. So I spent the afternoon cleaning up... after I installed the freshly painted balancer and pinned the crank. I really appreciated the pneumatic drill I picked up before Christmas which helped make short work of the job. Added a drop of red Loctite to the pin, and set it flush with the hub (because if this ever needs to come apart I want some material to work with/weld to).

Because you never know when you might want to supercharge something.

Then I ran in the ARP balancer bolt and torqued it down. Tried torquing downward to get the 235ft/lb spec, but that lifted me off the ground. Went the other way and did a healthy deadlift to get it done.

Attachments

• pinned.jpg
    pinned.jpg
    263.2 KB · Views: 172
Reactions: 1 user

L67ss

Royal Smart Person
Dec 8, 2016
Supercharging is always the right thing to do....I tried to talk a friend into letting me install one of my spare m90s on his cavalier once lol

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
Pinning the crank is a gimmi when you have be it the far apart.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
...and this is why we mock things up before attempting to install them in the car. The AC compressor bracket interfered with the PS mount and adapter plate. So a little chopping, drilling, grinding, and swearing and we have some much needed room. I opened the mount up to accept a 3/4" bolt which should work out just fine. I may or may not add another bolt to the mount/adapter, as this is the compression side of the engine it is unlikely that it will be necessary.

Also got the rest of the accessories test fitted, the steam line run (requires paint and clamps), 160* thermostat in, Turnone pulley on, and the nitrous install started.

Attachments

• gto.jpg
    gto.jpg
    381 KB · Views: 199
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    335.2 KB · Views: 211
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    306.6 KB · Views: 207
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    290.5 KB · Views: 209
Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor