1980 y68 special edition cutlass grille

Status
Not open for further replies.

80special

Apprentice
Oct 27, 2016
Hey everyone. I have a 1980 special edition cutlass supreme with the y68 package. I am searching for grilles and headlight bezels to match the ones I got. Roofers broke the passenger side with there ladder and god only knows what's happen to driver side(before I got it and before my buddy got it in the early 90's).All the 80 cutlass grilles I see are different. Anyone know what car they used this grille on? I seen some 4 doors with a grille like mine has. Any help is appreciated!

Attachments

• IMG_2620.JPG
    IMG_2620.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 860

80special

Apprentice
Oct 27, 2016
I seen the 20 square egg crate grilles on them but haven't ran across one with 25. yet any way. There's probably no aftermarket manufacturers reporoducing there are there? This has been a 5 year local hunt with no success. At least now i have a general idea! Thanks

O. D. Showtime

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 6, 2009
Regina Sask. Canada
I have a decent LH headlight bezel here...pulled from an 80 442...

YHYn2d.jpg

some light stone bruises but not peeling..still shines nice.

Reactions: 1 user

80special

Apprentice
Oct 27, 2016
That's the only car I have seen with the same grille. A 1980 442. What are you asking for it? My grilles are ok just fading. But my bezels are bad.

Attachments

• IMG_3069.JPG
    IMG_3069.JPG
    787.6 KB · Views: 545

O. D. Showtime

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 6, 2009
Regina Sask. Canada

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
I seen the 20 square egg crate grilles on them but haven't ran across one with 25. yet any way. There's probably no aftermarket manufacturers reporoducing there are there? This has been a 5 year local hunt with no success. At least now i have a general idea! Thanks

I'm not sure what models you've been looking at with 20 squares, but O.D. Showtime and others are correct. The grilles that you have in your car are no different than '80 442 or '80 Cutlass Calais.
Below is a pic of one of my '80 Calais' with the factory grilles. 25 squares, same as yours.

IMG_1754.JPG

And no, to the best of my knowledge there is no one reproducing these yet. Your best bet is to post a wanted thread on here for some.

80special

Apprentice
Oct 27, 2016
All I have been looking for are cutlass SUPREME grilles as that is what I have. So when I referring to the 20 square I was meaning 80 supreme grilles. Sorry if there was any confusion about my original post. I have just started looking at Calais grilles after that post. I did find some 20 square on them too. Looks like they had lots of different options thru the years.

Attachments

• IMG_3071.JPG
    IMG_3071.JPG
    21 KB · Views: 239

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
All I have been looking for are cutlass SUPREME grilles as that is what I have. So when I referring to the 20 square I was meaning 80 supreme grilles. Sorry if there was any confusion about my original post. I have just started looking at Calais grilles after that post. I did find some 20 square on them too. Looks like they had lots of different options thru the years.

That is not a 1980, it's a '79. Single headlights, different grilles.
This is an '80 Supreme, mine as well.

Hood mockup on car (5).JPG

And yes, there were several different grilles available, dependant on year and model.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor