1980's Buick Turbo Windshield Decal

Status
Not open for further replies.

blk7gxn

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2019
Is anyone old enough here to recall seeing these on new Buick Turbo cars windshields at dealership lots back in the day? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

$_1.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

blk7gxn

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2019
My apologizes, didn't realize that it didn't load the image.
$_1.JPG

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
I only started to actually notice the GN's and turbo cars in 1985, and don't remember that decal on any of the cars on the local Buick lot. They had several GN's there, but no stickers like that. Just window stickers or the occasional placard on the windshield in the showroom models saying to ask about GM financing, warranty, etc. There was only one 86 GN I saw they had in the showroom that had a BUICK decal across the top of the windshield in sliver, but it seemed a bit out of place. It appeared that the dealer may have just put it on there. It may have been a dealership marketing thing that was optional for the dealer to put on the cars? Could have only been regional like some of the Olds dealerships did? I dunno.

84 W40

G-Body Guru
Dec 9, 2009
Don't remember seeing that decal but each dealer did things differently.

blk7gxn

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2019
I only started to actually notice the GN's and turbo cars in 1985, and don't remember that decal on any of the cars on the local Buick lot. They had several GN's there, but no stickers like that. Just window stickers or the occasional placard on the windshield in the showroom models saying to ask about GM financing, warranty, etc. There was only one 86 GN I saw they had in the showroom that had a BUICK decal across the top of the windshield in sliver, but it seemed a bit out of place. It appeared that the dealer may have just put it on there. It may have been a dealership marketing thing that was optional for the dealer to put on the cars? Could have only been regional like some of the Olds dealerships did? I dunno.
I'm leaning towards the GM marketing too, kits would be sent to dealers, and most used at their own discretion.

blk7gxn

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2019
Don't remember seeing that decal but each dealer did things differently.
So TRUE!! Back when the 1986 Buick century Gran Sports were delivered to Buick dealers, the BUICK script that was to be placed on the lower door panels and deck lid, were in the trunk of each car with location instructions where to be placed on the vehicle specifically. It's so odd to me they would leave it up to a dealership to do this, unless they were 1. Rushed for time to get the vehicles out 2. Wanted to save a buck and have them installed at the dealerships expense.

I guess some things we will never know the answer to. Attaching an ad/picture of the 1986 Buick Grand Sport I'm talking about, I know it's not a G body, but interesting just the same!

1646240770600.png

NCTyphoonKid

G-Body Guru
Mar 17, 2019
Only ones I’ve seen were these and I’ve only seen two or three aside from mine. I keep this one in my lockbox as I’ve never seen another never applied one.

Attachments

• 890E01A6-1837-42D7-98C0-78220AAFF7FA.jpeg
    890E01A6-1837-42D7-98C0-78220AAFF7FA.jpeg
    788.6 KB · Views: 81
  • 7FE79E5E-10C3-49E5-A354-E1F7570D26F0.jpeg
    7FE79E5E-10C3-49E5-A354-E1F7570D26F0.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 78
Reactions: 3 users

blk7gxn

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2019
Only ones I’ve seen were these and I’ve only seen two or three aside from mine. I keep this one in my lockbox as I’ve never seen another never applied one.
Yes!! Awesome part of history right there. They were placed on the windshield, usually bottom passenger side, when a turbo car was tested prior to shipment to the dealers, this sticker assured everything was performing correctly, the driver would sign the decal, place on windshield and off the car went. I have a few nos of them, and a couple turbo cars with the factory ones still on the windshield. A rare find indeed! :)

Reactions: 1 users

84 W40

G-Body Guru
Dec 9, 2009
So TRUE!! Back when the 1986 Buick century Gran Sports were delivered to Buick dealers, the BUICK script that was to be placed on the lower door panels and deck lid, were in the trunk of each car with location instructions where to be placed on the vehicle specifically. It's so odd to me they would leave it up to a dealership to do this, unless they were 1. Rushed for time to get the vehicles out 2. Wanted to save a buck and have them installed at the dealerships expense.

I guess some things we will never know the answer to. Attaching an ad/picture of the 1986 Buick Grand Sport I'm talking about, I know it's not a G body, but interesting just the same!

View attachment 193544
You are correct the dealer did put them on, there was some of them that left the dealership that I worked at that weren't installed per the owner. Chevy example below and Pontiac dealerships did same with some of there cars. I do have info on more cars but need to flip threw a bunch of pages in 10 binders. I had seen two Pontiac TTA back in 1989 that had no decals running the streets, talk about sleepers.
20220302_195852.jpg

• Winner
Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor