1981 3.8L V6 vacuum connections

Status
Not open for further replies.

brrian

Master Mechanic
Jul 7, 2022
Pittsburgh, PA
3.8L V6. I'm reconnecting the last of my vacuum lines according to the diagram below. Two questions:

1 - A line comes off of the purge solenoid & goes "to EFE". On my car that line is disconnected and plugged. What's EFE and where might that be? I can't find anything to connect to. ** Edit: found it in the service manual, shown below. If it's bad, is it best to just leave this line plugged?
2 - In the second image below, is it correct that the port at the lower left corner of the carb is for PCV, and the port above the fuel filter is the bowl vent (to charcoal canister)?

1663372664639.png

1663372529005.png

16633753411485688038570796823846.jpg

Last edited:

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
The EFE is a vacuum operated valve bolted to one of the exhaust manifolds. If the valve is bad better check to make sure is not stuck closed. Any vacuum lines need to be either connected or plugged to prevent vacuum leaks that lean out fuel mixtures.

You seem to be correct about the two circled ports in the picture.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor