1981 Buick Regal Indy 500 Pace Car

Status
Not open for further replies.

tbenvie

n00b
Feb 13, 2022
I am researching the various Indy 500 Pace Cars for an upcoming book and have just finished the 1981 Buick Regal. I create a facebook Group for each year when I am done hoping to get further info, corrections etc, and here is the 1981 group:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/491771989250688

If you have any pictures, VINs, info, etc please let me know-I am trying to create a VIN registry for each year and have 16 of the 150 made for 1981.

Looking through this group brought back some memories for me. I was an auto shop teacher in the 70s and 80s at Chelsea High School (Mass.). Robertsons Salvage Yard in Wareham MA had a lot full of rebuildable wrecks. He would send some up to my school so the kids could work on newer cars. Had a few dozen fairly new Monte SS cars, plus a Pontiac 2+2, a few GN, and regular Regals, Montes, etc. What a great experience for my kids!

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
I am researching the various Indy 500 Pace Cars for an upcoming book and have just finished the 1981 Buick Regal. I create a facebook Group for each year when I am done hoping to get further info, corrections etc, and here is the 1981 group:

If you have any pictures, VINs, info, etc please let me know-I am trying to create a VIN registry for each year and have 16 of the 150 made for 1981.

Looking through this group brought back some memories for me. I was an auto shop teacher in the 70s and 80s at Chelsea High School (Mass.). Robertsons Salvage Yard in Wareham MA had a lot full of rebuildable wrecks. He would send some up to my school so the kids could work on newer cars. Had a few dozen fairly new Monte SS cars, plus a Pontiac 2+2, a few GN, and regular Regals, Montes, etc. What a great experience for my kids!
NCTyphoonKid is your guy.

Tim & sleek

Apprentice
Apr 24, 2018
Fort Wayne, In

There is a guy here in Indiana that has a g-body Facebook page that sells parts he presently got a 81 pace car car he claims by the Vin and he is one u might want to try and look him up he's been in the business for over 20 years

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor