1981 Grand LeMans/Safari nose

Status
Not open for further replies.

drewndmf

n00b
Dec 13, 2021
North Carolina
Any leads on finding nose/grille pieces for an ‘81 Grand LeMans? I know they’re probably the most difficult to track down, but I figured at least someone would know where to find the things. I’ll even consider a donor car if it’s cheap enough. Thanks in advance!

PBGBodyFan

G-Body Guru
Mar 3, 2009
Wisconsin
I have spares but need to see how many of each side, if I can spare any I’ll let you know.

drewndmf

n00b
Dec 13, 2021
North Carolina
I have spares but need to see how many of each side, if I can spare any I’ll let you know.
Thank you! My car’s a ‘78 Grand Am that somebody has put Malibu sheet metal on and I’m not sure what he did with the Pontiac pieces. Not a fan of the original front end, so I figure if I’m going to return it to Pontiac I might as well do the one I like with the ‘81.

Reactions: 1 user

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Thank you! My car’s a ‘78 Grand Am that somebody has put Malibu sheet metal on and I’m not sure what he did with the Pontiac pieces. Not a fan of the original front end, so I figure if I’m going to return it to Pontiac I might as well do the one I like with the ‘81.
This may sound optimistic, but why not try to hunt down the original Grand Am nose and sheet metal? I know these parts are like looking for a needle in a haystack. You could try to reach out to Grandamman. These parts are what makes the Grand Am a unique G-body.

PBGBodyFan

G-Body Guru
Mar 3, 2009
Wisconsin
I would vote putting the Grand Am front end back on but I also am a fan of the 81’ LeMans front end, a small factor into why I bought my wagon. I’ll try to look at my mini stash soon, I wasn’t planning on selling anything since they are hard to find but might be able to spare at least one grille, maybe a set.

You have a front nose/bumper setup?

O. D. Showtime

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 6, 2009
Regina Sask. Canada
I have access to an 81 Grand LeMans...can't recall condition of the front end but I believe it's all complete. Just went through my pics and I don't have any of the car.

Reactions: 1 user

oldsmobile joe

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2015
mpls
cmiiw, hoods are 78-81, fenders are 78-86?

drewndmf

n00b
Dec 13, 2021
North Carolina
I appreciate the feedback so far! I’ll be honest, I’m not a fan of the Grand Am front end at all. If he still has the fenders I’ll at least be able to use those then I’ll just need the nose cone, grille, and things like that.

CrammerGram69

Master Mechanic
Nov 15, 2019
SW, Michigan
Any leads on finding nose/grille pieces for an ‘81 Grand LeMans? I know they’re probably the most difficult to track down, but I figured at least someone would know where to find the things. I’ll even consider a donor car if it’s cheap enough. Thanks in advance!
I know of one on a 4dr. I will probably buy the car it's on. it is a plain jane v6 with a/c and AM radio. bare bones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor