1981 MALIBU PROJECT "THA CALI-BU"

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBoDYon4s

Greasemonkey
Jan 27, 2013
So,CA.
Hey folks picked up a 1981 malibu and started the intense rebuild process,this is going to be a triple B=
a backyard budget build im gonna do most of this build at home due to bad experience with shops so this way if i
f@#k something up its all on me, hey u never learn if you dont try.I will post as i go and if anybody has any knowledge
to share pass it on im gonna need it.GBoDYs UP 2013...

Attachments

• PICT0058.JPG
    PICT0058.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 2,358

GBoDYon4s

Greasemonkey
Jan 27, 2013
So,CA.
overall a good canvas to start w/the frame will be out as soon as i can get some help over here so i can start the cleaning and sandblasting and painting process

Attachments

• PICT0069.JPG
    PICT0069.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 2,341

80ELCAMINOFLAKE

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 2, 2010
California So Cal
Cant wait to see the progress!! Keep it pushing brah :)

GBoDYon4s

Greasemonkey
Jan 27, 2013
So,CA.
Yup TUMMY TUCK had alot to do w/ me picking this Mali up,i been wanting 1 for a minute but i passed a few up then i couldnt find any last year so i seen this 1 and jumped on it.So let the wrenching begin.

Attachments

• PICT0060.JPG
    PICT0060.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 2,335

GBoDYon4s

Greasemonkey
Jan 27, 2013
So,CA.
Been a little busy with work and all but I had a little time this weekend,so i decided to strip the trim and weather stripping.
I was only able to save a couple of the clips which are brittle as sh*t,need new one's so if anyone has any info on getting new window trim clips pm me please,thanks in advance.

Attachments

• PICT0093.JPG
    PICT0093.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 2,049

vonclod

Greasemonkey
Nov 19, 2012
Delta B.C.
GBoDYon4s said:
Been a little busy with work and all but I had a little time this weekend,so i decided to strip the trim and weather stripping.
I was only able to save a couple of the clips which are brittle as sh*t,need new one's so if anyone has any info on getting new window trim clips pm me please,thanks in advance.

http://www.gbodyparts.com/product_info. ... aafd06c8cc

cool project ..what motor you gonna run?

GBoDYon4s

Greasemonkey
Jan 27, 2013
So,CA.
Thanks for the info on the clips,As of now im not sure on what motor im going with,Ive been looking into
LQ9 6.0L but thats a little over my budget right now so i might go 383stroker,or maybe even a 400 smallblock
its still up in the air,As of now im about to start on the suspension and work my way up.(Is that your current ride in the pic?)
That thing is straight

vonclod

Greasemonkey
Nov 19, 2012
Delta B.C.
GBoDYon4s said:
Thanks for the info on the clips,As of now im not sure on what motor im going with,Ive been looking into
LQ9 6.0L but thats a little over my budget right now so i might go 383stroker,or maybe even a 400 smallblock
its still up in the air,As of now im about to start on the suspension and work my way up.(Is that your current ride in the pic?)
That thing is straight
thanx man..she was :( the ds rear wheel came off while i was going down the hwy and took out the qp pretty bad and with the bodymounts needing repiar at the time it caused alot of damage. it was a real shame that car was my baby but now gonna be 5gs+ for bodywork/mounts and paint and after spotting a real cleal blacked out 86 with less than 50,000m for a decent amount less than than i would have to put back into my first i decided to buy the low mile car..i will be taking out the good stuff from the wrecked car and get the new one set up to my liking..ya she was nice and very straight with no body rust at all except the usual bodymount stuff
my current ride is on the regal page..blacked out 86 regal

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor