1981 Pontiac grand Lemans build

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingchris

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 22, 2018
I'm rebuilding my grandfathers Pontiac lemans he is currently dead. Died of cancer but trying to rebuild having hard time finding parts needed help.
What other vehicle would I be able to rifle parts from. I need a new hood being the hood is rusted, and a trunk. I also have other parts needed but not sure if another year lemans would be able to do or even if I would be able to use a Malibu or a cutlass please help.

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Really as far as body parts go, the non GP Pontiacs are the hardest parts to get. I wish you luck.

deanlemans81

G-Body Guru
Sep 7, 2010
Acton Vale, Quebec, Canada
body parts are pretty much Lemans exclusive but for a few exceptions. I can't say for 4 dorrs or wagons but I know the doors for a 2 door coupe are the same as a malibu and interchangable. Trim parts mostly interchange for all years 78-81 Lemans and 82-87 bonneville. don't forget a 78-80 GrandAm is the same thing with a different nose. It all depends on what you need.

Be specific with your needs and a few guys here will surely be able to help. Good Luck and Welcome to the familly. Now post some pics of that Lemans.

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor