1982 Malibu Wagon in Mount Solon, VA.

Trader history for dirtywhiteboy (0)

dirtywhiteboy

Master Mechanic
Jan 6, 2009
Mount Solon, VA
I hate to do it, but I've changed states again and have limited space for cars.
We have aging family in declining health and not much time or space at this time.
This car was documented to some extent here in a thread called "the never ending project"
that should answer most of your questions, but feel free to ask away.

stripped to bare metal and painted in '08-'09
Mosier engineering 9" ford rear with 11" disk brakes
12" disks in front (B-body conversion)
Full Hotchkiss suspension kit
rebuilt 5.0 small cam
rebuilt 700r
stainless fuel and brake lines
urethane body mounts
tucked front and rear bumpers
Hella headlight lenses
MCSS bucket seats

$12,000 as a runner or $10,000 as a roller (minus engine and trans)

IMG_20210412_115412433.jpg

IMG_20210412_115431184.jpg

IMG_20210412_120049636.jpg

IMG_20200930_131654394.jpg

IMG_20210412_115948771.jpg

Last edited:

dfast1

Apprentice
Sep 24, 2018
Would it be possible to get pictures of the underneath and the engine compartment? Please

Also I could not find the build thread. Can you please provide the link.

Thanks

dirtywhiteboy

Master Mechanic
Jan 6, 2009
Mount Solon, VA

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Brian,
Sorry to see that you got the wagon up for sale. You have put a lot of work into it and it certainly shows. It's a beautiful ride.
Good luck with the sale. I hope it goes to a good home. Sometimes life forces you to make certain decisions.
Where are you moving to now?

Reactions: dirtywhiteboy

dirtywhiteboy

Master Mechanic
Jan 6, 2009
Mount Solon, VA
Brian,
Sorry to see that you got the wagon up for sale. You have put a lot of work into it and it certainly shows. It's a beautiful ride.
Good luck with the sale. I hope it goes to a good home. Sometimes life forces you to make certain decisions.
Where are you moving to now?
Thanks Jack. I do hate to let it go, I'm so packed in I can hardly work.
We relocated to Mount Solon VA (planning to keep the place in TN for retirement).
The 500 mile move made me realize I have too much stuff.
We sold the speed boat and motorcycles and the wagon is next.
My dad and inlaws are in Indiana and none of them are doing great. I'm just trying to prepare for the inevitable days and weeks ahead.

I hope you and yours are well. I'm glad to see your wagon is still looking good!

Take care!

dirtywhiteboy

Master Mechanic
Jan 6, 2009
Mount Solon, VA
Did you change the column shifter linkage when you put the 700R4? I'm going from TH250 3-speed to 4l60E 4-speed. Do you have any advice? I have both the 3 (original) and 4 (ebay) speed shifter linkages. Do you recall the difficulties or lack of them when you change trans?
Wow, that's been a WHILE. I believe I used the original linkage, BUT i had to do some re-bending......I'm pretty sure that's right because I just picked up a core 700 to rebuild. I don't remember it being a big deal at all.

Reactions: MJScarangella

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Thanks Jack. I do hate to let it go, I'm so packed in I can hardly work.
We relocated to Mount Solon VA (planning to keep the place in TN for retirement).
The 500 mile move made me realize I have too much stuff.
We sold the speed boat and motorcycles and the wagon is next.
My dad and inlaws are in Indiana and none of them are doing great. I'm just trying to prepare for the inevitable days and weeks ahead.

I hope you and yours are well. I'm glad to see your wagon is still looking good!

Take care!
Brian,
I was also going to ask you about your boats as well, but you pretty much covered that. It sounds like you're undergoing a mass cleanout and downsizing. I'm sure you put a lot of hard thought into your decision. I take it that your move is focused on being within reasonable distance to your dad and in-laws.
I just want to wish you and your family all the best with the move and future endeavors. Take care and be well my friend.

Reactions: Rktpwrd