FOR SALE 1982 Malibu Wagon Project

Trader history for 83StreetMachine (0)

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
sorry about the loss of your dad. even if you're prepared for it like I was, you're still never prepared...

looks like that'll make someone a great project, as it looks like all the hard work has already been done. If I didn't already have a wagon project, and distance wasn't a factor, I'd be on that thing like a hobo on a ham sammich! GLWTS

83StreetMachine

Master Mechanic
Dec 16, 2011
Central NJ
sorry about the loss of your dad. even if you're prepared for it like I was, you're still never prepared...

looks like that'll make someone a great project, as it looks like all the hard work has already been done. If I didn't already have a wagon project, and distance wasn't a factor, I'd be on that thing like a hobo on a ham sammich! GLWTS

Thanks man. It was sudden and just plain sucks. He was only 65. Not a day goes by that he doesn't cross my mind. But in a good, bring a smile to my face, kinda way.

But I'm proud to say he taught me so much about cars, engines, trade skills, life skills. We had an amazing relationship, especially considering my parents divorced in '91 when I was only 9. It was a rough childhood, that ended ubruptly but looking back it made me stronger, more confident and independent.

Our relationship really blossomed when I was 14/15 and he got my 83 Monte from a guy he worked with as payment for installing a clutch in the guy's work truck. We got the car road worthy together on the weekends when he had visitation. That's when I was hooked....

I still have my Monte. We worked on so many projects since then, it's hard to put a number on them. We went to every swap meet and junk yard possible together. Even after he moved 100 miles away, we always found the time.

This Wagon just so happened to be the next one we were going to resurrect. This is why I really want it to go to someone here.

Sorry about the telenovela. I usually don't share the personal stuff like this. Just felt like it this time I suppose, I'm just a proud son of his life well lived, mistakes and all.

83StreetMachine

Master Mechanic
Dec 16, 2011
Central NJ
I appreciate all the responses guys. I think I'm going to have to post it up on CL and see what happens. There's a 92.7% chance this will aggravate the bejeezus out of me but I'm trying to stay optimistic.....

Please contact me if you or someone you know have been quietly contemplating taking this off my hands

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Good luck with the sale, Ed.
What an excellent, solid, project car. I hope it goes to someone on the forum that will appreciate it and do the right thing to it.

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
my mind keeps coming back to this, and I am struggling to find myself a justifiable reason to give the wife, that I need this with the price (great price btw), and the expense of the trip and trailer and truck rental to bring it down the coast...

least I can do is give it a bump...

JAMCAR223

Royal Smart Person
Jun 6, 2014
Houston, TX.
I can't look at it anymore...:(

• Haha
Reactions: Longroof79

nkula

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 30, 2020
I can't look at it anymore...:(
Totally agree. This car makes me sad for all the right reasons. If I wasn’t 3000 miles away I’d be all over it. Seems like beautiful workmanship and well organized parts storage.

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
you're killing me!

how has no one grabbed this thing yet??? I'm too far away, too many projects already, and the wife has already said no.....

G-Body Performance Upgrades

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck ConsolesDixie Restoration DepotMike's MontesP-S-TSouthside Machine PerformanceUMI Performance

contact[email protected]for info on becoming a sponsor