1982 up wiper switch in 1981 down columns

Status
Not open for further replies.

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
On my original non-delay motor I installed a Trico O.E. looking electric pump since the original died around '91 & got tired of those add on ones that had the life span of a fly. I still need to get one like that for the delay motor unless I get brave to retro fit a later motor switch into the column. Odds are laziness will over ride.
I repurposed my washer reservoir for a meth injection tank. I'm planning to do away with the meth injection next year, so I was thinking of using the Snow Performance meth pump for my washer pump. That SOB should spray some fluid lol.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
When I installed the GP dash, it didn't have the dash mounted wiper switch, being a later model dash. I have since added a later tilt column with a pulse/ delay wiper switch. I've also installed the later wiper motor, which I like better, and seems to work more efficiently. The delay function seemed to work okay, but the wipers operated too slowly for my liking. Adding a relay was the solution. Even the washer pump works more efficiently.
To install the later wiper motor, you'll need to source the pigtail / plugs from a later year G-body. Also, the bolt pattern on the wiper motor is slightly off, which entails drilling a new hole so all three mounting points line up.

• Informative
Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor