1983 Cruiser Wagon Front Clip Swap?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndyB

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 4, 2016
Hi all, my name is Andy. I'm brand new. I hate to just dive right in without much fanfare but I'm in a bad way. I hit a monster deer Friday in my brand new to me 1983 Cutlass Cruiser Wagon. It knocked the entire front clip off basically - headlights are dangling & so forth. Anyway, the body shop that allstate recommended is going to try & have the insurance company total the car. I'm not going to let them, I won't accept it. I can't, every penny I have is sunk into this car, it's my only mode of transportation. :( Can anyone tell me what makes/models/years that'll fit the car w/o many mods. I'm not a body guy, it'd be nice if it would bolt up. I don't care what it is, I just need something to get the headlights back in that isn't duct tape. Any & all help would much appreciated, I'm desperate. I've attached a pic of the car. Thanks in advance!
r1.jpg

L.A.X-RATED

Royal Smart Person
Aug 25, 2010
I have an entire excellent cond 83 cutlass wagon front clip in excellent cond.what do you need? Just the header,or the fenders and hood as well? Bumper?

AndyB

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 4, 2016
I have an entire excellent cond 83 cutlass wagon front clip in excellent cond.what do you need? Just the header,or the fenders and hood as well? Bumper?

Just the header. The bumper/hood are ok, no real damage there. What price would you be looking at?

gmparts

Greasemonkey
Jan 27, 2013
Just the header, and they want to total it? screw that! I might have one here, what is your zip code?

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Welcome aboard, Andy.
That's a shame about your collision mishap. Just be wary about dealing with the insurance company.
I'm sure one of these fine gentlemen with hook you up with what you need. If it's just the header panel that got smashed...you're lucky....it could've been a lot worse.
Where are you located?

Nice looking Cruiser, btw.

AndyB

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 4, 2016
Welcome aboard, Andy.
That's a shame about your collision mishap. Just be wary about dealing with the insurance company.
I'm sure one of these fine gentlemen with hook you up with what you need. If it's just the header panel that got smashed...you're lucky....it could've been a lot worse.
Where are you located?

Nice looking Cruiser, btw.

Thanks! Yeah it really is. I'm heartbroken. So many bad things have happened to my wife & I this year - the main being the reason I have this car. I was in a bad accident that involved a rain storm, my van & an 18 wheeler. Thankfully I walked away w/o a scratch but the van was totaled. Then I got this baby for what I felt like was a song. Now to deal with this not even a little over a month later. As far as the insurance company goes, I'm gonna see what they will give me towards fixing the car w/o totaling it. I'm owed something at the very least. I went & picked it up this morning. the body shop had messed with the hood & actually screwed up the hood latch, I can still open it but closing it is tricky. I refuse to let them total it. I took all the broken pieces off a few minutes ago & duct taped the lone driver's side light, so I have lights on both sides for now. It's not pretty, but I'll be able to get back & forth to work. After this is over with, I believe I should get insurance with a specialty company to insure the vehicle for it's actual worth, sure it's not worth 10k, but I've got 4 in it, should be able to get 5 out of it should something ridiculous happen.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
I hope it all works out for you. Specialty insurance will not condone using the car as a daily driver....just to let you know. They stipulate using the car for shows and car events only.
You can check with various companies and see what the say. They also want the car parked in a garage or shelter of some kind.

gmparts

Greasemonkey
Jan 27, 2013
Hi Andy,

Yes there is one here at a local yard, friend of mine. It is not a 83 so the grille design is different but everything else is the same. I can get you the complete header from him for $225.00. Shipping via fedex is about $75.00 due to the size.

AndyB

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 4, 2016
I hope it all works out for you. Specialty insurance will not condone using the car as a daily driver....just to let you know. They stipulate using the car for shows and car events only.
You can check with various companies and see what the say. They also want the car parked in a garage or shelter of some kind.

Thanks for the heads up. :) The car isn't used much as it is, I've just been going back & forth to work & doing small stuff near the house. Yeah Shelter isn't something I have for my cars anymore. I'm hoping to get something done about that here soon, but stuff like this keeps happening. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor