CUTLASS 1983 cutlass supreme hood ornament and tail lights

Status
Not open for further replies.

nycutlass

G-Body Guru
Jul 29, 2008
NY
maybe someone can give me a decisive answer the car in question is a 1983 cutlass supreme that no longer has its hood ornament and i think correct style tail lights. I just want to confirm before I start hunting down the right parts I'm getting the correct style parts back on the car. attached is 2 pictures I feel are the correct tail lights and hood ornament that belongs on this car of its year.

Attachments

• hood emblem.jpg
    hood emblem.jpg
    253.5 KB · Views: 96
  • tail light.jpg
    tail light.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 77
Reactions: 1 users

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Yup. You got it. 83-84 Calais obviously used the "Calais" hood ornament, but the rest used the red-ringed rocket as you show. 84 started the Oldsmobile crest on Olds G47 with the little plastic "rubies" in them all the way to '88. H/O notwithstanding as they had their own bullnose ornaments.

And 81-83 uses the tails you show as well. 84-85 used the silver/black rocket emblem in the center, and 86-88 used the black/red/chrome center emblem.

Reactions: 1 users

nycutlass

G-Body Guru
Jul 29, 2008
NY
I really appreciate it 69hurtstolds thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor