I'm thinking more like 187000 miles form the looks of the car

"All it needs is everything"

• Agree
Reactions: 4 users

jadigen

Greasemonkey
Jun 6, 2017
S.Jersey
87,000 miles Is legit. I know the original owners family. After he passed it sat in a crappy garage for years. A suicide door linclon convertible used to sit outside next to the garage. I probably have pictures of them the day they were Pulled out of the yard on my computer somewhere.

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
The title of the thread says it all. "Not Mine". I wouldn't claim it either. Maybe if someone wanted one so bad as to sink another 15K into it or more to make it decent. Not sure about those quarter panels though. I'd be scared of what kind of rust you're looking at on the frame and underneath. Then after fixing it up, you'd be in the price range where you could buy a nice one and not have busted fingers, sore back, new scars, etc.

You may could part it out and get your money back. Maybe.

Reactions: 3 users

L92 OLDS

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 30, 2012
West Michigan
That thing is ROACHED and has lived a rough life. I would be worried about the rust you can't see. Even the speedo cluster is rusted.... Other than the lightning rods there aren't many good parts on that car to part out if someone chooses to go that route. It's also lacking the 8.5" rear.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

Gonzo1970

G-Body Guru
Sep 30, 2018
I dont think its an anniversary edition.. I think it was made to look like one.

No posi, no Anniv Emblems on the dash..

-Gonz

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
I dont think its an anniversary edition.. I think it was made to look like one.

No posi, no Anniv Emblems on the dash..

-Gonz
Yeah, but that's something that someone may have got a souvenir. It's got an 84/85 rocket up there. 83's had a different panel in that spot, and usually with the clock up there as well. And posi was the G80 option. Not mandatory.

But there's a couple more things that says it's a gennie H/O to me. Because they didn't come with any other Cutlass in 83. The rear defog switch was up above the clock area on the middle of the dash on regular production 83 Cutlass. Note, the defog switch is a fat one, and is located where they put 84-88 defog switches. Only place left to put them. Also, there were no OD shifter indicators in the tach in 1983 for Cutlass G-body except for the H/O. Someone in the know may be able to fake that, but I doubt it. Most people don't know enough of how to fake an 83 H/O. No pics under the car either, as the 83 H/O had the frame rail extensions for the 200-4R crossmember when other 83 frames did not. Obviously, if they had a pic of the body plate or VIN, that could verify it for sure.

Edit: Oh, and I didn't see any "Cutlass Calais" script on the upper door panels either. AFAIK, only H/O's had the blank upper door panels like that. There are indentations you can feel where emblems would normally go, but they don't have any with W40.

Reactions: 1 users

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Unfortunately nobody has cared about that car for a long, long time. It's a shame. I hope someone saves it but it would be too big of a project for me, for where I am in my life. My brother's 78 Camaro was a better car than that and I don't think I'd do another that needed that much either. It's funny. My step-dad sold his 83 H/O because he didn't think he was taking care of it the way he thought he should and then on the other hand so many of them ended up like this car. It makes me feel a little better about passing on a nice one about five years ago because I didn't want to cut it up (T56/LS swap). I think they are the coolest looking G Body out there but I have an unreasonable craving for a stick shift in a G Body and I would want some more power output under the hood. Those cars should just be preserved and enjoyed for what they are.

Reactions: 3 users

Gonzo1970

G-Body Guru
Sep 30, 2018
The 83/84 Hurst Olds is probably one of a handful of cars I would trade mine for.

-Gonz

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Back around 2001 I bought one out of a salvage yard in CT. 1983, under 100k miles, missing the hood, shifters, air cleaner, and wheels.

Was a sandstone grey interior hardtop car.

The good news was it was someone who worked in the yard that just stored it there, and sold it to me for around $500. Bad news is I didn't have time to fix it myself at the time, and, not sure what it's fate was with the guy who did wind up with it after. Wasn't rusty though...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor