1983 H/O Hood Paint Scheme

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pettrix

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 8, 2019
What do you guys think of the paint scheme? The hood bulge portion is grey instead of the factory black. Good paint scheme or is the factory one better?

Attachments

• 1983 HO.jpg
    1983 HO.jpg
    261.4 KB · Views: 273
Reactions: 2 users

superbon54

G-Body Guru
Apr 15, 2014
Wisco
If you could put a red pin around the silver edge, it will give it a little more finished look.

I think it looks fine either way. There’s a lot going on with the H/O bodies, so keeping it black is a more simple look. But the silver does add some pop to the car and differentiates it. You do you!

Reactions: 1 users

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
Sorry, I think the "bulge" looks out of place and added on not being the same color as the hood.
Obviously this is just my opinion and others may like it and it is your car so as long as it works for you.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: 3 users

383_StealthRam

Greasemonkey
Dec 29, 2016
I don't dislike it as everyone has their own opinion and should always do what they like for their own car.

My only thought would be to compliment the scheme out to include the trunk spoiler in the same silver colder as the scoop as (again imho) those two pieces are what differentiate the H/O cars in 83/84 from the later two tone 442's that came with neither. I've had the 83/84 H/O OEM scoop on my 87 Salon since around 1992, as well as the trunk spoiler but later removed the trunk spoiler and kept just the hood scoop. I stayed with the factory chrome center hood trim moulding (used two of them, cut down) to get the finished look on both ends, with the seam in the middle.

I like the idea posted superbon54 to use red trim around scoop where it transitions from silver to black like the body side decals.

1599486484409.png

1599486384606.png

Reactions: 3 users

Doug Chahoy

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 21, 2016
No opinion on your question. But that is one BEAUTIFUL CAR. Those wheels really help

• Agree

L92 OLDS

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 30, 2012
West Michigan
What do you guys think of the paint scheme? The hood bulge portion is grey instead of the factory black. Good paint scheme or is the factory one better?

The factory scheme is hard to beat. The silver draws to much attention to the scoop in my opinion. I vote keep it stock

• Agree

Owen

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 27, 2020
I agree that adding a red striping would make it look more "finished". While on the subject of modifying 83-83 H/Os,
has anyone swapped to one of the aftermarket hoods that mimic the 70-72 OAI ram air hoods ??

Thanks,
Owen

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
TURNA had a W25 hood on a regular Cutlass in black......

HPN7ki.jpg

Reactions: 1 user

Owen

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 27, 2020
OK, thanks for the answer. What sort of quality? Does it use stock hinges or is it a two man lift off.? Does it have the air box? What was used to make it
functional ? ..... Owen

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor