1983 Hurst Vin 9 PROM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brodewok

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 31, 2021
Hello. I recently swapped a 1983 hurst vin 9 307 into my 1982 olds ninety eight. It is running ok with the vin Y PROM but I hope to find one for a vin 9. I already have a new ECU and it's the same part number as the ninety eight. I see hypertech makes them in stage one and two but I am concerned about those having the same fitment as vin Y engines. I want a chip that is specific to the vin 9 cam.. Is there anyone with experience swapping a vin 9 engine into a vin Y non G body vehicle and keeping the CCC? Is there anyone with experience with the hypertech chips in a 83 hurst? Thank you!

Reactions: 1 user

DR HURST 84

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 30, 2018
Hello. I recently swapped a 1983 hurst vin 9 307 into my 1982 olds ninety eight. It is running ok with the vin Y PROM but I hope to find one for a vin 9. I already have a new ECU and it's the same part number as the ninety eight. I see hypertech makes them in stage one and two but I am concerned about those having the same fitment as vin Y engines. I want a chip that is specific to the vin 9 cam.. Is there anyone with experience swapping a vin 9 engine into a vin Y non G body vehicle and keeping the CCC? Is there anyone with experience with the hypertech chips in a 83 hurst? Thank you!
You can just install the hypertech chip and you will be fine. It gives the engine more timing at wide open throttle.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor