1983 malibu wn rear body fillers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 22, 2011
I changed the rear bumper on my wagon and the fillers fell apart . They were cracked. I was wondering if any body had some to sell or where i could get replacements , but Not the fiberglass ones. I want the somewhat flexable ones. Thanks a lot. bill 1-270-726-7665. about 30 miles west of bowling green kentucky. Have a great day.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
billyboy47429 said:
I changed the rear bumper on my wagon and the fillers fell apart . They were cracked. I was wondering if any body had some to sell or where i could get replacements , but Not the fiberglass ones. I want the somewhat flexable ones. Thanks a lot. bill 1-270-726-7665. about 30 miles west of bowling green kentucky. Have a great day.
======================================================================================================
Bill,
First off, welcome to the site. The urethane rear bumper fillers are NLA. You'll have to find them used from either a Malibu or Pontiac Lemans/ Bonneville wagon. The Cutlass/ Century wagon fillers are different.
The fiberglass fillers are the only type that I know of that are being reproduced.

I would suggest posting a want ad on Malibu racing and possibly on Malibu Thunder besides any other G-body sites...G-Body Central, etc.

Tony_SS

Royal Smart Person
Oct 14, 2006
Missouri
You can get fiberglass ones from Dixie Monte Carlo or ABS plastic ones from OPGI..

I would get the plastic ones from OPG.. but either would work

JrJohnston

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 9, 2009
S.W. Missouri
Tony_SS said:
You can get fiberglass ones from Dixie Monte Carlo or ABS plastic ones from OPGI..

I would get the plastic ones from OPG.. but either would work

The ABS plastic one warp from the sun. I have already been down that road with my wagon.
I am just going to get a rear roll pan for it and be done with it.

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
It's good to know that the rear fillers are reproduced. However, they're not cheap. I may end up cutting and sectioning my bumpers for the tucked in look. Still haven't fully decided yet.

Blake442

Geezer
Apr 24, 2007
Minneapolis
Roll pans are gay.

Brian (dirtywhiteboy) did an awesome job sectioning and tucking his bumpers.

I prefer the stock look myself. With a little patience, good fillers can be had...

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Blake442 said:
Roll pans are gay.

Brian (dirtywhiteboy) did an awesome job sectioning and tucking his bumpers.

I prefer the stock look myself. With a little patience, good fillers can be had...
========================================================================================================
Honestly, I never liked those rollpans. They look like a cheesy after thought.( no offense guys) Yeah, I agree with you Blake. Brian did do an awesome job on his bumpers. They're alot of work, but I would like to find an old bumper to experiment with before i slice mine.
This way if I didn't like the way it looked afterward, I can go back to stock. Although, I'd still have to collapse the energy absorbers. It does look good when done properly.
....or I may end up keeping it stock.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor