1983 Monte Carlo window sweeps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jino

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 13, 2016
I need inner and outer window sweeps on my 83, but I keep looking up parts online all I see is with or without reveal molding. My current vehicle has chrome trim along the window, can I just buy the without reveal molding and just slide the chrome pieces on or what how's that work

tkruger

Master Mechanic
May 6, 2015
NY
Call Mikes Montes. That is where I purchased the ones for my 87 LS. Mine have the chrome on the side and it is firmly attached. He has a couples types on his website. Emailing or calling him will verify what you need. For mine he ask me to measure the width.

Reactions: 1 user

Jino

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 13, 2016
Yes I ended up going with Mikes Montes, bought the inner and outer window sweeps. The inner came with about .25" wide chrome strip that was attached with the sweep itself, BUT I had to drill holes on the door panel metal hanging piece to mount the inner sweep to it, as the original was stapled with industrial staples, ended up having to cut them off but don't Yank on them or you will damage the top door panel piece, take your time removing staples. As for the outer it was just the sweep, my car has a 1" wide chrome that lays on the door, you have to take off door panel and lower the window Slightly there is a 10mm bolt toward the bottom in the center. From there you are able to access the screws that Hold the 1" wide chrome trim along with the sweep. Mike provided screws along with rivets. It took some finesse but worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor