1983 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme LS Turbo Build

Northernregal

Northernregal

Master Mechanic
Oct 24, 2017
Red Deer AB
I think any higher and it won't drain back from the turbo. Usually people drain to the pan, but I thought this would work.
Be happy you didn't buy the Holley 302-3 pan with the drains expecting them to be useful on a G body. You also could drain back to the truck pan oil sensor port, it's a pretty common metric thread.

It will work, you just need a 90° instead of a straight.... View attachment 103421
Much like an Instagram "model", any excuse to post a pic of that gorgeous thing. 😍😆

GroceryGetter83

GroceryGetter83

Apprentice
Sep 18, 2018
Tampa, Florida
Be happy you didn't buy the Holley 302-3 pan with the drains expecting them to be useful on a G body. You also could drain back to the truck pan oil sensor port, it's a pretty common metric thread.

Much like an Instagram "model", any excuse to post a pic of that gorgeous thing. 😍😆
Hey if you got it, flaunt it ;)

81cutlass

Royal Smart Person
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
uneek1976

uneek1976

G-Body Guru
Jul 24, 2009
Sugar Grove IL/ Chicago

I have a cts-v pan and thought about using the oil level sensor port and in was told I couldn't use that because it was too high or something like that.

Northernregal

Northernregal

Master Mechanic
Oct 24, 2017
Red Deer AB
I have a cts-v pan and thought about using the oil level sensor port and in was told I couldn't use that because it was too high or something like that.
Interesting, seems like it would work to me. I could be totally wrong though. I might have to look into it myself.

uneek1976

uneek1976

G-Body Guru
Jul 24, 2009
Sugar Grove IL/ Chicago
Weld on. I can't take credit though. I bought an ICT billet one. If one drain is good, two must be better, :sneaky:.... View attachment 103425
I just emailed ICT Billet about purchasing the fitting separately since it's not listed on their site and they do sell it as a phone in order for $7.99!

Just some food for thought!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J G-Body LS Swap 50
M G-Body LS Swap 3
T G-Body LS Swap 0