1984 Buick Grand b*st*rd

Status
Not open for further replies.

fodoimp

Master Mechanic
Oct 8, 2006
Southern New Jersey
Bought the rolling body for 100 dollars off of a friend....he was a ford guy....idiot.....had no motor so I put in what I had available to get it on the road for now till I can afford to do it back to original or at least with an 87 inter cooled 3.8 sfi....but for now its chevy powered....its a 66 327 out of a 66 nova with MAF TPI and a hydraulic clutch world class t5....still have a ways to go but here are some engine pics....the fan shroud my dad made out of sheet aluminum attached is a Zirgo 3630 cfm fan....the cold air was made using Vibrant mandrel bent 3" aluminum air intake fabrication pieces....The serpentine setup came out of a 91 formula....Valve covers came from Wysco out of California...they have the cheapest fabricated valve covers...I sell them here but I think Jegs carries them now... interior should be coming together soon. My father does upholstery on the side and is doing a 2 tone black and grey tweed on the factory Leir Zeigler seats instead of the tan and brown that these cars came with originally. Should be a great cruiser....also going with GTA mesh wheels for that GNX appearance instead of the dukes of hazard looking wheels that come on these from the factory.

gntpi6.jpg

gntpi5.jpg

gntpi4.jpg

gntpi3.jpg

gntpi2.jpg

gntpi1.jpg

gbodyforum.jpg

Reactions: 1 user

shotgun

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2007
Nort o Philly
Why not just put a hairdryer on that motor?

Looks good.

deanz406

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 31, 2007
Latrobe,Pa
Regal GN b*st*rd

8) That's a sweet looking engine compartment-- U guys did a really nice job on the installation, and design. REALLY-- I think u will be better served with the smallblock(I hate V-6"s), even if they are turbo'd. I have 1 84 GN, and an 87 Turbo T that I will leave original, but the 84 GN is slated for a 406 Chev. How about posting a couple pics of the whole car-- What a GREAT find for a grand. Congratulations on a job well done-- Good luck-- Dean 8)

jonnyslick

G-Body Guru
Jun 2, 2008
Crossville, TN
Man if the rest of the car looks like that engine bay ... then ... WOW.

I like the setup you have in it now. And I LOVE those valve covers!

fodoimp

Master Mechanic
Oct 8, 2006
Southern New Jersey
Thanks for all the kind words! Heres some pics of the body and a couple of my shop.
The body is in great shape has two small holes on bottom of passenger door (what gbody doesnt?) and had hole in drivers side floor pan. Needed bumper fillers (what regal didnt at one point?) other than that its really clean. Needs a good detail guy to rub out the paint has alot of light surface scratches from the previous owner or two. Sat in a garage for a while with stuff piled up on it.

if you guys ever need parts I would be more than happy to help you out....Im dealers for about 45 manufacturers and have access to just about any that are around. The merchandise in the store pics is about 1/8th of my inventory. I drop ship all over the country...I sell to gbodyforum members for employee price....prices comparable to Summit.
The shop isnt usually that messy we are in the middle of rearranging things so stuff is all over. The nova, the flamed model a, and the orange firebird are all customer cars that are being worked on.

gnfront1.jpg

gnfront2.jpg

gnrear.jpg

gnwheel.jpg

shop1.jpg

shop2.jpg

store1.jpg

store2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor