Status
Not open for further replies.
May 22, 2018
Hello GBODYFORUM USERS! I just signed up and i've own my 1984 el camino for about 2 years. I got a shitton of questions and hopefully I can get some help, I recently put in an entire new front end suspension, New control arms, bushings, tie rods, idle and pitman arm and the whole shabam, but what I want to know how to increase my ride hieght, without going over board with adjustable coil overs and sh*t. What springs could lift up my El Co? currently got a v6, and new coils, so ride height is already about taller than it was before; saggy and sh*t, but I want it to be taller to stock, should I just slap on some coils for a v8? (definitely will drop a 350 sometime this year) or what kind of coils would increase my ride height ? alighnment shop says my sh*ts already lifted 2 inches from stock, but I think this is probably how tall it was back in '84 fresh out the factory. (not sure if this is the place or way to post this conversation.

Reactions: 1 user

WBOWERS

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 7, 2018
Wayne, Michigan
Hello GBODYFORUM USERS! I just signed up and i've own my 1984 el camino for about 2 years. I got a shitton of questions and hopefully I can get some help, I recently put in an entire new front end suspension, New control arms, bushings, tie rods, idle and pitman arm and the whole shabam, but what I want to know how to increase my ride hieght, without going over board with adjustable coil overs and sh*t. What springs could lift up my El Co? currently got a v6, and new coils, so ride height is already about taller than it was before; saggy and sh*t, but I want it to be taller to stock, should I just slap on some coils for a v8? (definitely will drop a 350 sometime this year) or what kind of coils would increase my ride height ? alighnment shop says my sh*ts already lifted 2 inches from stock, but I think this is probably how tall it was back in '84 fresh out the factory. (not sure if this is the place or way to post this conversation.

i believe that any answer may help me too. i just installed monroe coil overs for rear and new main coil
springs in rear. rides great. for 56$ for monroe coil overs couldn't go wrong. it rode great in the back. but
like you the front end sags bad. i did notice that there is some twist in spring extenders in the coils now.
running a 350/350. any pointers is always appreciated. thank you again...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor