1984 El Camino value

Status
Not open for further replies.

dirtyratt

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 23, 2015
Hello all
Just had a quick question as to what you think the value is on a 1984 El Camino with 30,000 original miles .. I dont have pictures currently.. however the car is mint 1 owner off white with tan interior .. a friend of mine dad bought the car new and he is looking to sell .. I know it’s worth what someone is willing to pay however I want him to start off at a fair price
Thanks for your advice

dirtyratt

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 23, 2015
Is it’s as clean as you say, maybe start around $7,500, see where it goes?
It is very clean .. it does need a few things heardliner is 1 that I know of as the material has gotten loose .. maybe it can be Reglued .. and I’m sure the metal gas tank has rust as they all do if you let them sit .. he said it hasn’t been driven in 4 years .. thanks for your feedback

85442/86buick

G-Body Guru
Feb 12, 2013
Perth Country , Ontario

WOW !!! before viewing that site , I was going to say redo the headliner , replace the fuel tank if it's that bad , a good tune up and maybe a set of new tires..............now I will say all that and a asking price of $11,500............always easy to drop a grand or 2 and give someone the thought they are getting a deal.

and yes I want that Grand National El Camino for $49,500 USD

edit : damn I forget give the brakes a once over ..pads , shoes , flex lines , etc

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: 1 user

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
Asking price is one thing....SELLING price is a whole 'nother thing

Caminos have been getting more expensive, though...even here where they are relatively common. Seems in my area like they only come as really nice, or total beaters .

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

airboatgreg

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 2, 2016
Fix the minor stuff. Headliner, service, detail it, clean windows, black tires. You can always start out a little high and adjust accordingly. It appears that he is not in a crunch to sell. Research options such as previous post stated. Make sure AC works, no idiot lights on.

dirtyratt

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 23, 2015
Thanks everyone for the feedback .. sorry for slow response as I was on vacation .. Man I could not believe the asking price for some of the cars .. I will get some pictures and post them up when my friend gets back from vacation as well .. He said I could buy the car for 5000 .. however currently I have no room left in my barn .. lol I have strongly suggested that he just keeps the car and I can assist him in getting it back on the road where he can enjoy it .. like I told him where are you gonna get another 30,000 1984 car that your dad bought new .. lol

87National

G-Body Guru
Apr 15, 2009
eastern SD
[/QUOTE]He said I could buy the car for 5000 .. however currently I have no room left in my barn[/QUOTE]
if it is in the condition you describe......for $5k I would make room for it. It wouldn't be hard to flip it for $8-10k. Not a big fan of them myself, but el caminos have an odd following.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor