EL CAMINO 1984 El Camino wanting to put original parts back on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sheldon

n00b
Apr 17, 2021
I recently acquired this El Camino and I really don't like the front end on it, how much work am I going to have to put in to go back to the original parts? Or at least to look similar to original condition.
FB_IMG_1610561722643.jpg

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
If you are looking for an original style El Camino I would sell that one and find what you are looking for, there are plenty of people that prefer the SS style over stock.
And to me it looks like you have Monte SS fenders and front nose, maybe doors and the matching bodywork on the quarter panels so going back to stock would be pointless IMO.
I am guessing there is a rear roll pan back there also.

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I also think your current front end would look much better with a blacked out grill and headlight surround area like the Monte's came to break up that solid color.

Something like this.
1618686503641.png

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

Doug Chahoy

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 21, 2016
I agree with everything said. Somebody used the whole Monte SS to make that. Youd need another Elco doner to go back to original. Bottom line, either get use to it or sell it.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor