1984 Hurst Olds Control Arms

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrise1984

n00b
Dec 10, 2020
I am working restoring my 84 Hurst Olds. I was planning on replacing the both upper and lower control arm assemblies rather than new bushings and repaint. andI am having trouble finding lower control arms. any recommendations? thanks

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
Front or rear? S-10 arms fit the front, and are available from Dorman. Don't go all primadonna, and insist on G-body arms. You'll pay through the nose for NOS, or go aftermarket.

Reactions: 2 users

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Front or rear? S-10 arms fit the front, and are available from Dorman. Don't go all primadonna, and insist on G-body arms. You'll pay through the nose for NOS, or go aftermarket.
step-bros.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Isn't there something about the lower rear mounting hole needing hogged out or something to use them? I think there's something different about them. Gotta cover all the bases if you're not using GENUINE G-body arms. :)

Reactions: 1 user

Mac442

Master Mechanic
Apr 25, 2020
Ocean County, NJ
Isn't there something about the lower rear mounting hole needing hogged out or something to use them? I think there's something different about them. Gotta cover all the bases if you're not using GENUINE G-body arms. :)
I did have to use some “persuasion” to get the rears of the lower arms in place in my frame...The Metal sleeves in the pressed in bushings seemed slight too large to fit in my frame...

Reactions: 1 users

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY

Get a set of tubulars for the uppers. Southside Performance sells a decent set.

UNGN

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 6, 2016
Southlake, TX
If you want to make the car handle and steer better and lower the front end .75" with no other changes, replace the Lower ball joints with 1/2" taller proforged ones from summit.

They are only $15 more than a quality regular ball joint and you will see and feel the difference.

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
If you want to make the car handle and steer better and lower the front end .75" with no other changes, replace the Lower ball joints with 1/2" taller proforged ones from summit.

They are only $15 more than a quality regular ball joint and you will see and feel the difference.
These?

UNGN

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 6, 2016
Southlake, TX
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor