1984 monte carlo landau?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 27, 2018
Does anyone know if there is a 1984 monte carlo landau? I sapposedly have one but, I have never heard of the sub modle existing for 1984. I can't find any specs or information on it either. All i have heard is that it's the most luxurious sub modle, with the same engine as the ss. But i cant find anything about it or that even shows it exists. Except emblems of course but those could be for first or second gen. Landaus please help😟

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I think "Landau" might refer to the vinyl top if you have one I think there were "Landau" emblems on my 83" before I removed the vinyl top and as far as I know there is no model specifically called Landau.,
As far as options my 83' came fully loaded with a 305 4 barrel and F41 suspension and had cloth interior with power seat, windows, locks, antenna, trunk release and was even sent to ASC to have a power sunroof installed since it wasn't a factory option for the Monte. so I think you could order them any way you want for the most part.

Last edited:

lilbowtie

Comic Book Super Hero
Jan 7, 2006
Canton Mi
Model Options:
1981 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Information
Body Styles:

• 2 Door SC Sport Coupe
  • 2 Door Landau
Engine Options:
  • 3.8L (229 cubic inch) Chevrolet V6 (base – non-California)
  • 3.8L (231 cubic inch) Buick V6 (base – California)
  • 3.8L (231 cubic inch) Buick V6 w/Turbo (optional)
  • 4.4L (267 cubic inch) Chevrolet V8 (optional)
  • 5.0L (305 cubic inch) Chevrolet V8 (optional- not available in California)
Transmission Options:
  • 3 speed automatic
Special Options:
  • Landau (sport mirrors, vinyl roof, and Turbine II wheels)
  • T-tops
Total Production:187,850

Landau trim wasn't available after 1981

Last edited:

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
My 83' actually had CL emblems on it with all of the chrome, I think my vinyl was added on after the dealer got it and sent it to ASC because it was fully finished and painted under my vinyl but it did have the Landau emblems in the lower portion of the vinyl.

Oct 27, 2018
I think "Landau" might refer to the vinyl top if you have one I think there were "Landau" emblems on my 83" before I removed the vinyl top and as far as I know there is no model specifically called Landau.,
As far as options my 83' came fully loaded with a 305 4 barrel and F41 suspension and had cloth interior with power seat, windows, locks, antenna, trunk release and was even sent to ASC to have a power sunroof installed since it wasn't a factory option for the Monte. so I think you could order them any way you want for the most part.
Thanks alot i was starting to think that but never had a clue because there was nothing i could find backing it but thanks this information helps out alot

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor