1984 Monte Carlo radio wiring...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tynan918

Royal Smart Person
Aug 2, 2021
I need to rewire my aftermarket stereo, it doesn't save the settings after I make the adjustments to the sound quality and every time I turn the car off I have to reset those settings over and over again..

I had all my power wires wired together and it wasn't fixing the issue.

I know now that there are constant and switched 12 volt sources from the car wiring and the aftermarket stereo wiring and in order for me to fix my problem I have to get those things correct..

It's my understanding that there is an orange and a yellow wire for the constant and switched wiring from the car..

My question is does the orange wire run from the radio antenna wire because that's the only orange wire that I see inside my dash relating to stereo wiring.. and also is there only one yellow wire inside the dash for the radio?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor