Master Mechanic
Sep 21, 2007
Illinois
Well to make a long story short, my first G Body was an 86 Cutlass:
normal_MVC_007F.jpg

I sold it to buy an 84 Pontiac:
normal_MVC_002S.jpg
normal_MVC_029S.jpg

The Pontiac was stolen about 5 years ago. I have not heard a thing since. I had finally gotten a chevy powered G Body and the damn thing was stolen. Ah it hurts to see the pics of the Grand Prix, and realize now what I lost :( You know how hard it is to find a midwest g body with no rust and no door dings, WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Many more of my pics here:
http://www.gbodyforum.com/photos/index-11322.html

srercrcr

G-Body Guru
Jun 19, 2006
San Antonio, Texas
That's the dilemna...the nicer the car, the more chance we'll lose 'em.
Solution: Drive a Yugo! You don't even need to lock it.

78mali350

Royal Smart Person
May 13, 2007
Pratt, KS
wow sorry to hear about that i have had a stereo stolen out of one of my cars here and yeah that sucks too

HurstOlds

Master Mechanic
Sep 21, 2007
Illinois
STLRegal said:
:( :evil: ****ing thieves......I need to up my anti-theft on my car.

Is it really that easy to steal these cars? I heard something about smashing the steering column and moving a rod to start the car.

That sounds easy as hell. Is there a way to beef up the columns, or would it be best to install an aftermarket system?

STLRegal

G-Body Guru
Jun 22, 2007
St.Louis
yeah one of those collars work best. Basically a peice of steel covers the column where they break it open and start the ignition. Your car is pretty much steal proof from the common theif, except towing. Obviusly with the right tools and amount of time any car is able to be stolen.

I have a club, even though its not the best its better then nothing. I figure if the guy only has a screw driver its better to have it then if I didnt.

Trends

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 26, 2007
Simcoe, Ont. Canada
This white monte of mine was stolen too...got it back about 5hrs later burnt to a crisp with rims and stereo stolen from it. I was too lazy to take it back to the barn for the night....reason they stole it cause they were jealeous. This car was original paint except for fender ,frnt bumper and i had changed frame (bent) . Anyways painted complete floor underneath frame new motor,transmission, rearend . Took a few months to fix it back up...put away for winter...brought it out in april, put 200kms on it maybe and some jackass stole it. Had to check vin # on it when i got it back just to identify it ....couldnt believe it was mine. So today i have a steering column repair business....nobody stealing another car of mine again, if they do steal it....there gettin gas pissed out on them and lit on fire while driving it..lol. Never again it'll happen to me. I have many great ideas for preventing your car from being stolen if u need some some help.

marcar1993

G-Body Guru
Aug 31, 2007
New Jersey
As was said, theives like quick and easy targets. I like battery disconects and kill switches for that reason. I had the idiot kids across the street from me call me up about a month after I got my cutlass telling me they were holding my car for ransom :lol: . I asked how they got, "Oh, we hotwired it". My response "bullsh!t". Their response, "HOW?", "It has no battery" and hung up. :lol:
Unfortunatly if someone wants what you got, they'll get it one way or another, like a tow truck.

mugzi

Greasemonkey
Mar 1, 2007
i know

i have a 85 brougham and i bought it for christmas a present to myself. been wantung since six and i was 20 when i found one. 3 months later it was stolen. i felt as though someone in the family died. i rode around for days. i got back with nothing wrong with besides the door and the clounm oh yeah they took the radio but it didn't have a face on it. the cops called me about 5 to 6 days later. i completely understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor