1985 442 coolant sensor/coolant switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

jociha

Master Mechanic
Oct 16, 2012
Does anyone know where i can buy a new replacement coolant sensor/coolant switch. This is not the ECM sensor that has an oval connector shape they are everywhere. I need the sensor that does both read temp on the gauge and turns on the "hot" light. It is shown in the electrical book as one sensor for this car as being connected by a green wire and a green with white stripe wire. I included a pic of the connector on my car. I need the sensor but can't seem to find one.

Attachments

• coolant sensor 009.JPG
    coolant sensor 009.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 474

85blacksalon

Apprentice
Oct 24, 2011
I got one from O'Reilly auto parts, had to look it up for a 86 to find it. That part could have been a mid model change.

jociha

Master Mechanic
Oct 16, 2012
I checked there web site and nothing but a couple universal sensors show up and they are very different. The wierd thing is i did find a replacement end[connector] if i needed that on rock auto listed under 1985, and the correct wiring shows up in the 1985 electrical manual but no listing or part number for the sensor/switch.????

DoubleV

Royal Smart Person
Feb 25, 2011
Medina Ohio
Check to be absolute certain, but the part you need is the Delco 213-69. GM part number is 25036628.

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
DoubleV is correct. Looks something like the pic below. (It's an Airtex brand, but Delco looks the same). This is for the one nearest the coolant outlet neck on the manifold. It's $40.50 list price from GM.

getimage.php

jociha

Master Mechanic
Oct 16, 2012
Based on a comment above and before Double V commented, i decided to stop by my O'Rileys and they listed a bunch in there book with pic's. After a while we ran across one the did have that same look so i bought it. It was listed for my car. It is a BWD [Borg Warner] part number WT414, so i hope it works because they could not verify the ohm reading of this sensor and the factory manual does list the original readings.

85blacksalon

Apprentice
Oct 24, 2011
I found the box for mine. The brand is BWD part # WT414 it was $25. There web site I found does not list the full line of parts. go there and put in this number it will come up. Hope this helps

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor