1985 442 walk around (video)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rfpowerdude

G-Body Guru
Jul 15, 2013
Palm Bay, Fla
Man, that is a sweet original car.

Looks like the gauges are a little off. The temp is reading high and the volts seem to be low.

Reactions: 1 users

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Dang, that's nice! Enjoy it the best way possible by putting some miles on it.

How did this get missed for the past 3+ weeks?

Reactions: 1 user

Mac442

Master Mechanic
Apr 25, 2020
Ocean County, NJ

Looks like the gauges are a little off. The temp is reading high and the volts seem to be low.
It seemed to me like the volt gauges always read low on these Cutlass Rallye gauges. Mines read slightly low since 35000 miles.

really nice white 442.

88hurstolds

Royal Smart Person
Jun 24, 2008

Funny because the gauges are NOS and the temp sender is NOS too :LOL:
Something is off with them, I suspect the circuit board connections are loose after I replaced them.... just add to the millions of projects.

• Agree

88hurstolds

Royal Smart Person
Jun 24, 2008
It seemed to me like the volt gauges always read low on these Cutlass Rallye gauges. Mines read slightly low since 35000 miles.

really nice white 442.
Yeah, pretty much all my Cutlasses read low, I always thought it was because all my batteries were always on the verge of dying but my daily was always low too...

rfpowerdude

G-Body Guru
Jul 15, 2013
Palm Bay, Fla
Yeah, probably the connections at the back of the gauges to the copper traces and/or the copper "fingers" to the connectors in the dash. I've actually cleaned all of the aforementioned connections and they read right again!

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
All his cars are POS.

image.gif

It's refreshing to see maintaining the original or a restoration vs. modification/restification sometimes. The cost factor says it isn't worth it with stock G-bodies, but the results always speak for themselves. There's just so many poorly engineered problem areas with these cars and such easy fixes, it's hard to NOT want to do them.

• Haha
  • Agree
Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor