1985 Cutlass 442 - Canadian Export Full Frame Off Restoration Goodmark's sheetmetal test prototype car - matching numbers

Trader history (0)

tobyp

Royal Smart Person
Jun 12, 2011
Cincinnati, Ohio
Hey everyone. Been a hell of a long time since I have posted on the forums. I am still enjoying Gbody cars, but at a lesser extent. My kids have grown and flown, and it's time to get back into the passion. Some of you know me, and most probably don't. So I'll tell the story about how I got into the restoration business with LKQ and Goodmark Industries first. In 2013 LKQ hired me to reverse engineer sheet metal and other misc parts for the Gbody program. I spent a few years tearing apart cars (81 Cutlass, 84 Grand National, 85 442) to name a few (cars I still have). All these vehicles were used to test parts before we sent them to market. All the parts which were passed were installed on each of these vehicles. When I bought this vehicle I intended to perform a 100 point frame off restoration. Why would I like to get rid of it? I just don't have time. I have 2 Gbody's that need my attention, having 3 is not doing it any justice. Now details about the car

Not 1 piece was left untouched on the body, It was completely torn down on a rotisserie, all paint removed. Epoxy painted, base coat/clear coat. I have over 1000 pictures that document each square inch that touched. All new brakes, fuel lines, suspension, doors, rockers, trunk pans, tub, floors, seals, body mounts, NOS items such as grilles, emblems, etc. Engine is the 307, it was bored .060 over with new pistons, cam, and assembled. New rebuilt carb by everyday performance. All the interior items are in great shape and have been stored in a temp controlled environment (basement). The exhaust is all original and intact. I have items from another 86 Arizona 442 that exhaust manifolds, and other wear items were removed from in great shape that come with it. Brand new re-chromed original wheels with original Eagle GT tires and matching full size spare. Car has a clean Ohio title.

I could part this car and make a ton of money on it, that's not the intention but will go that route if necessary. Looking to get the car in someone's garage to put it back together, first. Looking for $12,000
DSCF6602.JPG
DSCF6604.JPG
IMAG2078.jpg
IMG_3943.JPG
2013080895072719.jpg
2013080895065839.jpg
2013080895063410.jpg
IMAG2081.jpg
DSCF6643.JPG

IMAG2133.jpg

Reactions: 6 users

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
Glad to see you back Toby! anyone who remembers you in here, will know how meticulous you are with the repairs. glad you saved this one, and hope it goes to someone who'll love it!

Darin

Reactions: 2 users

tobyp

Royal Smart Person
Jun 12, 2011
Cincinnati, Ohio
Looks like we will begin the parting process. WIll be selling the rolling chassis first, without the engine and transmission.

It will come with a clean Ohio Title. The frame has been powder coated, new doors, trunk panels, lower quarters and all the paint and body work. Comes with a completely rebuilt 8.5" rear end. It's an open rear. All new brakes, steering linkages, box, etc.

$4,000.00

tobyp

Royal Smart Person
Jun 12, 2011
Cincinnati, Ohio
yep, no one would bite, so it's going to help others finish up.

Reactions: 1 user

CopperNick

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
So why not just leave it together as far as you've got, and throw a car cover over it for awhile or pop up one of those build it yourself car domes and stuff it in there? What you may be facing is a case of information lag, as in people are only just starting to realize that this ride is for sale and how unique it truly is. A lot of folks are banking money right now because of Christmas. Not even going to mention Thanksgiving, apparently Turkeys now cost about as much as a gram of gold. Point here is that fall is the end of the cruising season, not the start, and it will take until winter before the the thought of a project or new ride starts to percolate through a few minds.

hunter_alexander

Master Mechanic
Apr 29, 2008
Erie Pa
So just was able to reset my password. So interested, but not sure by your posts where the status is? Is it repainted, body on frame but needs finished or some other status. Please let me know.

hunter_alexander

Master Mechanic
Apr 29, 2008
Erie Pa
And some know me here, I have taken them down to the frame same thing, so not afraid of a project. Where in Ohio. I have cash in hand. Going back through the posts, looks like it was taken apart, documented, new and rebuilt parts, frame done, body done and paint, but needs finished. Is that correct?

tobyp

Royal Smart Person
Jun 12, 2011
Cincinnati, Ohio
And some know me here, I have taken them down to the frame same thing, so not afraid of a project. Where in Ohio. I have cash in hand. Going back through the posts, looks like it was taken apart, documented, new and rebuilt parts, frame done, body done and paint, but needs finished. Is that correct?
you are correct in your statement. This roller is pending sale this weekend. The rest of the parts will be parted as well. Engine gone, roller gone, wheels gone.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot Mike's Montes P-S-T Southside Machine Performance UMI Performance

Contact Admin@GBodyForum.com for info on becoming a sponsor