CUTLASS 1985 Cutlass correct badging?

RICKDIZZLE

Master Mechanic
Sep 16, 2014
How would I determine what was the correct badging for my Cutlass? Obviously I switched to a Euro header..but is there suppose to be any badges on the header, trunk lid or sail? Car never had badging when I got it about 10 years ago.

Does your car still have the sticker inside the trunk lid with the options listed on it? There are about 5 different possible trim styles.

Reactions: Rktpwrd
Does your car still have the sticker inside the trunk lid with the options listed on it? There are about 5 different possible trim styles.
It surely does and is still legible! Do you have any clue which number / code I should reference lol?

What is the VIN start of your car? 1G3GK47 (salon) or 1G3GR47 (Supreme)? Anything on the inside door panel?

This is a Salon below. Obviously has "Cutlass Salon" on the inside door panel. Also came standard with wide outer window molding where Supreme was just a thin bead on rubber (top of door). Supreme or Supreme Brougham is similar except it has a different trunk lock cover with a rocket in it (or word "Brougham" if it's a Brougham) and "Supreme" or just "Brougham" on the inside door panel. Lower door rockets, sail panel emblems (extra brouhgham block emblem if Brougham) and Olds emblem on trunk with rocket in front of it. Did you get all that? 🙂

1727089239566.png
1727089356993.png
1727089405824.png
1727089448014.png
1727089476799.png

With the euro header, they didn't put the "Oldsmobile" on the front bumper cover under the headlight. They put it on top of the header and it's a completely different emblem. (chrome pot metal instead of plastic)
87 442s were the exception. They didn't have a metal emblem. It was a gold 442 decal with Oldsmobile written below it on the bumper cover.
1727089923447.png

Reactions: Rktpwrd
Got it! Yup mine is a Supreme by vin and the inside door emblem reads Supreme as well. Thank you 69hurstolds!

Pretty sure all that junk is available aftermarket (I'm not sure if the trunk rocket in front of the Oldsmobile script is, however) if you don't hunt down NOS stuff.

While more expensive and harder to find, GM parts FAR outlast the repro, but use what you have to.

20224222 is the p/n for the little chrome rocket in front of the Oldsmobile script on the trunk. DO NOT BELIEVE GBODYPARTS.COM saying their aftermarket Calais trunk lock emblem cover replaces this part number because it would be wrong.

This is what you would seek:

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor