1985 Cutlass Original 307 oil dipstick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whiplash

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 21, 2017
I can't Find the engine oil dipstick. Can someone point me in the right direction. I have located the transmission oil dipstick it's on the passenger side right behind the valve cover but I don't see the engine oil dipstick.

foxtrot

Royal Smart Person
Dec 19, 2008
USA
The engine oil dipstick is on the drivers side of an Olds engine. Mybe the tube broke off somewhere along the way?

Whiplash

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 21, 2017
I am out here looking around the engine and cannot find the dipstick location. I'm thinking it's causing my oil leak and possible causing a vacuum leak

foxtrot

Royal Smart Person
Dec 19, 2008
USA
The missing dipstick will not cause a vacuum leak. If you look right above the oil pan you should see the location in the block where the dipstick belongs.

Whiplash

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 21, 2017
I found the dipstick location it was right near the 3 spark plug underneath the exhaust manifold. Gonna be something else trying to get it back in there

TheCoroner

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 3, 2006
I've never seen a left side Olds dipstick. I've only seen them in the front.
Ya learn something new every day.

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Easy to remove the broken off piece. I use a self tapping screw and small vise grip and tap it up. The tubes always break when installing headers. Unless you remove the pan, the stock tubes break trying to remove them. The aftermarket chrome replacements fit loosely in the block. Number 3 is the drivers mid point on rhe Olds V8 by the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor