1985 Cutlass Supreme

IamMalibu

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 24, 2021
Can anyone direct me to a video or instruction on how to fix a trunk lid that keeps falling? I’ve searched YouTube and couldn’t find anything that would help. Thanks I’m advance

RICKDIZZLE

Greasemonkey
Sep 16, 2014
Nice three wheel stance in your pic!! I also have an 85 Cutty.
Regarding your trunk not staying open, its the torsion bars at the back of the trunk that help hold it open, which I am sure you are aware. People like us with juiced rides tend to have issues with our rear cylinders hitting them knocking them off or out, thus they dont work. If your running a tall cylinder and a short coil, you may not be able to get them back in as the cylinder will be in the way. If you have telescopics, which by your profile pic looks like you might, you may have enough room to get em back in. LMK and what your trying to do..I will do my best to help!

IamMalibu

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 24, 2021
Nice three wheel stance in your pic!! I also have an 85 Cutty.
Regarding your trunk not staying open, its the torsion bars at the back of the trunk that help hold it open, which I am sure you are aware. People like us with juiced rides tend to have issues with our rear cylinders hitting them knocking them off or out, thus they dont work. If your running a tall cylinder and a short coil, you may not be able to get them back in as the cylinder will be in the way. If you have telescopics, which by your profile pic looks like you might, you may have enough room to get em back in. LMK and what your trying to do..I will do my best to help!
Thank you. It’s a work in progress. I still have things I need done. Yes, I do have telescopics. My trunk just started not staying up so I’m not sure what happened. The torsion bar is still there, I’m just puzzled on what to do to get it back where it should be.

RICKDIZZLE

Greasemonkey
Sep 16, 2014
Ok I am betting when you put it up on three...the top of the cylinder made contact and popped it out of its location. Give me a min and Ill see if I can find a video.
What you running for set up for your juice? I am thinking about going to telescopics, upper drop downs and a slip yoke. You have anything else done undercarriage/suspension wise to get that three wheel?

IamMalibu

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 24, 2021
Ok I am betting when you put it up on three...the top of the cylinder made contact and popped it out of its location. Give me a min and Ill see if I can find a video.
What you running for set up for your juice? I am thinking about going to telescopics, upper drop downs and a slip yoke. You have anything else done undercarriage/suspension wise to get that three wheel?
3 pump 6 battery set up. I have adjustables, drop downs, power balls and I did a bridge. I also had a slip yoke added.

Reactions: 1 user

RICKDIZZLE

Greasemonkey
Sep 16, 2014

This dude mumbles through the video..but this is the easiest way to get em in. Make a lil tool out of pipe to hook the end. They will be under tension as you try to lock them in so be careful. That is what causes the lid to stay up. You can also use a bottle jack..but with your setup in the trunk...this will be the best. Will probably need to pull your batteries to do it, to get the tool in to get them up and in and not arc on a battery. Lmk if it helps or you need further info. 😎

IamMalibu

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 24, 2021

This dude mumbles through the video..but this is the easiest way to get em in. Make a lil tool out of pipe to hook the end. They will be under tension as you try to lock them in so be careful. That is what causes the lid to stay up. You can also use a bottle jack..but with your setup in the trunk...this will be the best. Will probably need to pull your batteries to do it, to get the tool in to get them up and in and not arc on a battery. Lmk if it helps or you need further info. 😎
Im going to try this thanks!

Reactions: 1 user

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor