1985 ELCO molded fuel pump hose to pump

Status
Not open for further replies.

x75

Apprentice
Sep 23, 2018
I've got a leaky rubber fuel hose that connects to the fuel pump from the frame metal line. It appears to be a long molded "U" shape, not just a regular 3/8 hose bent double. I cannot find a source for this hose, O'Reilly drew a blank, nothing on RockAuto, GOOGLE shows nothing.

Is this input hose just a regular rubber hose bent 180 degrees? Or maybe I'm looking at a generic replacement pump that the intake pipe is the wrong orientation? The inlet points to the front as does the metal tank line on the frame. The U shape connects the two.

Ideas? Thanks!

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Here, let me google that for you... $19.95 from Amazon Cut your own angle fuel hose.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07C8YTNPF/?tag=gbody-20

61EmdjH3p7L._SL1404_.jpg

Or, you could get a 180 U-bend stainless beer fitting for 3/8" hose. Would that work? Only $8.50

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0053GA7WW/?tag=gbody-20

51VEvM1YsBL._SX425_.jpg

Reactions: 1 users

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
I've had good luck @ parts stores,i tell them i'm looking for a certain shaped hose (not by application)and they've let me look in the back at the hose selection.

x75

Apprentice
Sep 23, 2018
Thanks to everyone weighing in. I like the suggestion for cutting/splicing something already molded. I'm new to G-bodies and figured the inlet hose was a specialized part since regular woven fuel hose kinks shut when bent that tight, also much of the truck is metric so I figured I needed a 9 mm hose or something like that.

I will pull off the old rotten hose and dig around for whatever is available that looks similar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor