1985 Grand Prix GM 5.3 swap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Castrov993

n00b
Jun 28, 2014
What's up guys, i am a proud paneer of a '85 Grand Prix. I had the sweetest deal on a drop out of off a 2010 Silverado 1500 5.3
This will be my MASTER project. I just got the engine today. I already have my old 3.8 out. Any advice before I get started?

Kansas Bu Wagon

G-Body Guru
Jul 9, 2012
Wichita, Ks
Don't carb it lol. Post some pics. And welcome to the forum.

85GPLef41

Royal Smart Person
Nov 14, 2008
Colorado
are those centerlines? :mrgreen: but for the fuel injected side get a GN or Monte Fuel injected fuel tank with the proper baffles, and proper sending unit as well, Racetronix sells a nice unit. I bought this one http://www.racetronix.biz/itemdesc.asp? ... AN&eq=&Tp=
Also picked the hotwire kit
http://www.racetronix.biz/itemdesc.asp? ... 06&eq=&Tp=

I bought my fuel tank used and had it boiled out "which was very hard to find a shop to do around here due to EPA regulations"... :| according to some research found out the aftermarket tanks were not filling correctly, which was I opted for a OG tank for my build. I think I've seen they have corrected the fill up issues though. Another issue is the fuel lines and I went ahead and ordered steel braided lines and some AN fittings. another issue you have is how emissions legal is the area you live in? I stuck to the rules and used my 4 o2's, dual cats, AIR system, obd2 diagnostic, EGR, etc etc :|

Castrov993

n00b
Jun 28, 2014
Close but not centerlines. Cool. Ill do my research on those sites you have me. I have all stock on rich now but I have a room full of suspension parts just waiting to be put on with a 2" drop kit! I want to get some nice bucket seats but my Ultimate goal is getting idk I say 18" deep dish street racing wheels!

85GPLef41

Royal Smart Person
Nov 14, 2008
Colorado
Castrov993 said:
Close but not centerlines. Cool. Ill do my research on those sites you have me. I have all stock on rich now but I have a room full of suspension parts just waiting to be put on with a 2" drop kit! I want to get some nice bucket seats but my Ultimate goal is getting idk I say 18" deep dish street racing wheels!

Cool beans! I think the swap will be the hardest part... what are your smog requirements? Reason I ask is because it depends on which route I would go... 8) I have a Hotchkis coils rear and some unknown f body front springs and they handle good and look nice.... I have 17in wheels on my GP...

Castrov993

n00b
Jun 28, 2014
GUYS GUYS GUYS !!! I need your help. Ok I've been prepping my engine Bay Area painting swapping control arms blah blah!

But now I've got to get motor mounts?????

I have a universal gram with a lot of holes in em' I have a 3.8 now that I want to swap it what do I use?

I've been told to just get the frame mounts from any g body that had a 305 in it!

Please respond I'm moving states soon & I need this thing dropped

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor