HeggieGbody

Greasemonkey
Feb 14, 2010
tennessee

bill

Royal Smart Person
Jul 11, 2008
southside va/lake gaston
Thats a nice ride....but its not a SJ, which are the rarer, sportier models. 10k sounds pretty steep imo. Hope you find yours!

G-Body_Vet

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 15, 2010
I say keep looking. There's much better deals out there. Two years from now he'll still be sitting on what he believes is a gold mine.

G-Body_Vet

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 15, 2010
HeggieGbody said:
there is but my dad would like to have something very close to wat he had

I still say be patient. I can understand that the car had sentimental value but I wouldn't buy something based on an "emotional event". That car can be found in nice shape for well under $4K if you keep looking. Besides, GM produced plenty of GP's and another one will eventually pop up. But....it's your money and I'm just trying to offer sound advice. Good luck!

UOFLcards

Greasemonkey
Jun 14, 2011
I wish my interior looked like that on my 85 GP. Mine needs some work. But, hey, that is a project car is. :)

I'm with everyone else. I say keep looking. He will have a hard time selling that for his asking price. If you are set on that ride check around some more, and if you come up empty with no luck then go back and tell him to lower the asking price.

That 4 door guy

Master Mechanic
Feb 4, 2010
937 Dayton, Ohio
HeggieGbody said:
would this be a good replacement
i agree with the other members. wait til you find your original. that way you can atleast say it is the same car that your family was attached to. and if it comes down to where you have to repair things on her, think of it asa labor of love. i get laughed at all the time for keeping and sinking money into my 80 4 door cutlass. but imo just wait. dont cover the wounds with replacement just yet. patience young grass hopper

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor