1986 3.8 v6 1986 grand prix thermostat housing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sccott M

n00b
Dec 23, 2017
hey folks i have a 86 grand prix with the 3.8v6 a code i believe the factory thermostat housing is leaking it appears to be made of a thinner metal, replacements i have tried are aftermarket and have a different angle for the radiator hose any thoughts would be great appreciated. the factory part is long been discontinued..

buick7332

Master Mechanic
Oct 21, 2014
N.E. Philadelphia area
hey folks i have a 86 grand prix with the 3.8v6 a code i believe the factory thermostat housing is leaking it appears to be made of a thinner metal, replacements i have tried are aftermarket and have a different angle for the radiator hose any thoughts would be great appreciated. the factory part is long been discontinued..
I could be wrong but I believe that the V-6 motor in your grand prix is a buick motor. That motor was used in several g -body cars. I would look on e bay.

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Is this what you been finding with your searches?
close.gif

Choose for Me to Minimize Cost Related Parts

PONTIAC 1986 GRAND PRIX 3.8L 231cid V6 Cooling System Thermostat Housing / Water Outlet
Price

FOUR SEASONS 84990 Info

prevIMGbig.png

84990RSID__ra_t.jpg

nextIMGbig.png

$13.46
Add to Cart

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor