1986 442 Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

86442NH

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 1, 2021
Hi everyone! Been enjoying tons of info here since I bought my 442 four years ago. Thought it was about time I register and start trying to share anything I know or have learned to help others. I'm grateful to all those that posted their insights and am eager to help anyone. Mine is an 86 98% original t-top, full smog, OBD1 working, no rot, no rust surviver. I think that's cool since most all of us "made them better" over the years....lol. My question is....what do you folks think it's value is?

Last edited:
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Pictures please😍

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Values are relative. What's its value to YOU?

Some people think their junk is worth $30K. I think they're usually full of crap.

So I'll guess probably somewhere between $1 and $30K.

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

Kamloops cutlass

Master Mechanic
Jan 27, 2021
Kamloops bc
You need to go shopping yourself , look at all the cars like yours in similar condition and go from there
If I had to guess without seeing your car I’d say 10 k plus but I could be out by 6k either way lol

Jakefromstatefarm

Master Mechanic
Feb 26, 2014
Only worth what someone is willing to give you for it.

Reactions: 1 users

87National

G-Body Guru
Apr 15, 2009
eastern SD
Hi everyone! Been enjoying tons of info here since I bought my 442 four years ago. Thought it was about time I register and start trying to share anything I know or have learned to help others. I'm grateful to all those that posted their insights and am eager to help anyone. Mine is an 86 98% original t-top, full smog, OBD1 working, no rot, no rust surviver. I think that's cool since most all of us "made them better" over the years....lol. My question is....what do you folks think it's value is?
One key piece of information left out. How many miles?

85-87 442 value lags behind 83-84 Hurst Olds value........low mile original 442s seem to go for 15-22k these days.

hunter_alexander

Master Mechanic
Apr 29, 2008
Erie Pa
Hell Ill throw my 2 cents in. When trying to research prices, as stated above, Its only worth what someone will pay. Plenty of 20K-30K cars listed for sale. Do they get that? NO. Look at actual sale prices, not sold and relisted. Most Gbody cars are selling for realistic prices not someones idiotic sky high wasting their own time prices. Low mileage clean, 12-17 depending on options, condition. And thats for 442s' Hurst/Olds. GN's have always been on the higher mark for prices, el caminos malibus, grand prixs ets, not above 10k and thats in great condition.

86442NH

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 1, 2021

85-87 442 value lags behind 83-84 Hurst Olds value........low mile original 442s seem to go for 15-22k these days

85-87 442 value lags behind 83-84 Hurst Olds value........low mile original 442s seem to go for 15-22k these days.
Milage is unknown.....clock reads 55 ish but the og rear end come to find out, was swapped at some point for a peg leg with a set of 2.14's. speedo reads about 45% of actual mph.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor